If a person was born on a deserted island, no contact with any1, would they....?

believe in a higher power? My answer is yes. Maybe not religion, maybe not Jesus, or Muhammad, Buddha, but something yes. In fact, I would venture to say it is NATURAL for humans to believe in a higher power. Humans have religion for a reason! Most of these atheists make it seem like it is some type of abnormality for people to believe in a creator of the universe. All you have to do is look at the tide, the sky, the birds, plants, animals. It's not hard to believe in a force greater than yourself. In fact, it's normal.
Scientifically speaking, probably not. If a person were born on a desert island alone with no human contact, that person would grow up feral. They would not develop the frontal lobe of the brain that tempers the reptile brain that is based purely in animal instinct. They would be, in effect, a wild animal. They wouldn't even think about creation or even what's outside the island.
@Arkie69 (2156)
Man's brain is programmed with information before birth that makes him more than the average animal. He might take on some animal habits but he would still have to power to think and reason. Personally I think some of us would be better off if we did act more like animals. I can't name a single animal other than man, that isn't doing exactly what God put them on this earth to do. They stick to God's plan for their life to the letter. Man is the only one that doesn't.
can u tell me how to start a blog or a discussion????
All I know is, he would start believing in something although I don't know what that would be exactly! Do you remember that film "Castaway"? Tom Hanks starred in this movie and after a plane crash, he was left stranded on this desserted island. Anyway, he became very lonely and isolated and he found some of the cargo that had washed up on the beach. He opened up a small box and found a football inside! He used his own blood to paint a face on this football, he even went so far as giving the football a name! So, he had created a friend for himself, someone or something that he could have conversations with on a regular basis. As crazy as this is, I'm sure that over a period of time, if you are desserted then you start acting funny! That football became his God, his one and only friend! As regards believing in a higher power, I think that the poor chap would believe in a higher power, surely he would be asking all the major questions in his mind, despite his craziness! Andrew
@Arkie69 (2156)
I agree with you. In that situation I believe God would step up to the plate and personally teach that person what they needed to know. I also believe that person could build a good working personal relationship with God. It is very easy for God to get into our little pea brains and plant thoughts that will lead us where we need to go. We may try to take the credit for it and believe it was us that thought of it but very often it isn't our doing. People around us very often hinder our personal relationship with God. We are not free to believe everything He can show us and teach us. Most people are concerned about what others think of them and this is a big block between us and God. A person alone doesn't have this problem. That is exactly why Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days. He needed to be alone with God with no distractions. That's the only way God could teach Jesus what he needed to know in such a short time. We all need to listen to God a lot more. You cannot listen to God and man at the same time. A person that can spend a lot of time alone isn't hindered by distractions nearly as much. That is one thing I have going for me. I have been disabled for several years and have spent many an hour alone with God. This gave God a freedom to teach me that most people don't have. My heart goes out to people that don't have the time they need to be alone with God. I know the true value of that quiet time.