Rap Music @ 5AM!!!!!!

And it woke up my son! I am sure this was NOT going on at 1:30 this morning when my Husband left for work but it sure is now!!!! Why is it that some people think the week-end is a huge party!?!? Some people do work and the the thing is that this is a four unit building and our boy is not the only child.....Ridiculous! I know when I went to bed at midnight all was normal and quiet...when did this party start up? I don't know but it can end!!!! I'll have to go and try to get some more sleep but honestly! I managed to get my boy back down after a little drink and a story.... Please share your thoughts or experience on this and have a wonderful day or night or whatever it is where you are...Lack of sleep leaves me confused Hope you all had a good straight sleep! ~Heavens~
@sacmom (14315)
I'm sorry you and your son had to go through this heavens. I absolutely hate it when someone is loud and disturbs any of my family (more specifically my kids and husband) that is sleeping. I become like a mother bear protecting her cubs. LOL I remember one time when my youngest was just a baby and was sleeping, my brother-in-law was over at the house and was yelling at his parents about his sister deciding to have a scheduled C-section. Like OMG, who cares if his sister was planning to give birth this way. It was no reason for him to go on a yelling rampage. I freaked on him, (like I said I'm like a mother bear) and he eventually left, thank goodness. I'm guessing your neighbors are nearby you? One thing I am thankful for is that my neighbors are spread out and far apart. The only bad thing is the traffic. But my family and I use fans (actually air cleaners) to drown out the noise. So, did you call the cops on these people for disturbing the peace?
So glad to hear from you! I live in a four unit building...Not a house and so yes, these people are above me! No escaping unless we can find another place to live in our price range which is impossible...I have been looking for months!!!!I often wish our circumstances were different but they aren't! Hope all continues to go well with you and that your Husband and Son will soon be making their trip! Love and Hugs! ~Heavens~
@sacmom (14315)
I feel for you heavens and do not envy your situation. Living in an apartment can be hard, especially when there are people in the complex that don't give a lick about those that live around them. I remember my husband telling me of a time when he had neighbors such as yours. The only difference is that the noisy neighbors lived below him and his parents. His dad got fed up with these neighbors and actually threw my husband's weight plates down. I don't remember, but I think it actually got them to stop! LOL The last place I lived with my mom wasn't any better. Fortunately the complex was all single story, but the neighbors right next to me loved to play music in their apartment rather loudly. I would literally kick the wall that joined our apartments, but it never did any good. I also had another neighbor (in another section of the complex) that would wake me up every morning around 6 am crushing cans with his hammer, directly behind a dumpster. As the dumpster happened to be next to my apartment I could hear the WHACK, WHACK loud and clear through my bedroom window every single time. But as he was an older gentleman that collected cans to help pay his rent I never had it in me to tell him to knock it off, though there were days I wanted to! Keep looking for a place. You never know, something better just might come along! Good luck!
"Keep looking for a place. You never know, something better just might come along!" I soooooooooo hope you are right sacmom and soon! I sympathize with you for the elderly gentleman crushing his cans LOL but why did he have to do this at 6AM? I know I wouldn't have had the heart to say anything under the circumstances either! Thanks Again! Love and Hugs ~Heavens~
@carmelanirel (20979)
I guess one of the benefits of living in a gated community is that no one puts up with loud music past 10 or 10:30 PM and not before 8:00 AM. They will call security very quickly, but unfortunately, some take that to extremes..Like I had a dalmatian years ago that barked maybe for about half an hour around 8:00AM, but I had just had a baby and couldn't let her back in right away and this guy didn't call security, he called the sherriff...Twice!!! There has got to be a medium ground and having music playing that early in the morning, not even my Gladys kids would do that..Maybe contact the others in the building with children or see what your rights are in the area you live and who you can call with minor problems like this..
Well Carmela, I think all other three units party together.... I know they are all friends as they are very young single Moms and we are the oldest people in the building...Sadly it is hard for us to find another place to rent that we can afford! I know the Landlord would do nothing as he wants all the units full and that is why the type of people are that are... I called the police before and they never even came... It is all quite useless!!! My Husband has tried knocking on the door but no one answers and he has tried blaring our music but to no avail either....My poor Hubby who sleeps in the afternoon because of his job and my boy who has his therapist working with him here two mornings a week...Music can be booming at any all times around the clock at times!!!! Al;l is quiet now however! LOL I just hear someone starting to walk around up there now at 11:30AM Yes, they must be quite tired and hung over!! I feel there is nothing we can do except to keep looking for a new place to live!!! ~Heavens~
This wouldn't be very nice, but if they are up now and walking around with a hangover, now would be the time to blare your own music, and make sure it is something irritating to someone with a headache.. No, you better not, it could make thigns worse..Maybe you can find a better place to live, have you considered moving away from there?
We are looking but it is hard to find a place that we can afford in a better area ~Heavens~
@gabs8513 (48715)
That is terrible It was like last week on the Saturday Night or should I say 2am Saturday Morning when loud Music started up and went on for an hour it was terrible Lucky I have no small Children any more but I do know it is awful when that starts specially when they wake up the Children Hugs to you
Yes Gabs it is definitely ridiculous considering there is a child in every unit of this building and so I do not know how these children cope but it is awful really! Thankfully there has been nothing this week-end astoundingly (Yet) But I do nto expect this to be the last time as it was not the first!!! ~Heavens~
people belive that the party is like a huge party because some people may have to do so much work for liltle pay so thier use thier weekend to relax. some people may be so stressed out that is all thier can do is party to calm down and relax. i personal like to party but i know when i need to stop and keep going. if people are playing mucis so late at night and waking a child up i wouldnt hessitate to call the police. espeically if thier know kids are in your neighborhood.
First of all, welcome to My Lot hellomoto! I hope you really enjoy your time here :) Calling the police does no good as they do not come to do anything about it! As for partying to relax well I do not understand how getting drunk is a way to relax and also is a waste of money in my opinion and so bad for your health and longevity of life! Pop and chips is my kind of party and always has been! LOL ~Heavens~
@tammytwo (4303)
Soem people have no respect for others. I would be upset and probably would call in to the police for a noise disturbance.
I've tried that before and they didn't show...I hate wasting my time!!!! ~Heavens~
@gemini_rose (16194)
Some people are just so inconsiderate of others, they must know that others are being disturbed by the loud music. I love nothing better than to have my music blaring, but if I had it loud I would always check that it was not disturbing anyone else first. Luckily the place that I live now I can have it quite loud and the neighbours cannot hear it. You are right it is ridiculous and really ignorant to all the people that live in the building.
I don't think they care as it is just us that is upset about it I am sure...all other three units are occupied by Mom's under the age of twenty five and I think they all party together and so we are the oldest ones in here and I guess the only one that care about their child sleeping...I feel sorry for the other children in the building! ~Heavens~
We have all been there, parties that start after going a party. Yea I like to relax during the weekend and consider my neighbours. If I want to party, I party else where. My sleep wasnt too bad thanks, was up at 6.30 to go work but apart from that it was a good sleep....wish I had longer in bed though.
First of all mwhitby, I would like to say that we haven't all been there...I never did this nor seen the need for parties of this sort but then I am an only child who grew up in the country and so perhaps I was somewhat sheltered as my husband often says of me I don't know but I just don't understand it! My sleep wasn't too bad either...I went back and was able to get a couple more hours while my boy slept also so it wasn't too bad after all! ~Heavens~
@someonesmom (5765)
I'm so terribly sorry to hear about this, heavenschild. It's not fair to 'any' of you, and I know how hard it can be to get your son to sleep through the night. I've read through all of your responses here, and had no idea that you've actually called the police before, and they didn't even come. Why on earth not?! If you've already told me this before, I'm sorry, I don't remember. I too hate loud music playing, and especially in the middle of the night. That constant booming beat is awful. As you know, our neighbours really love to party, but this hasn't gone on for awhile now (and you know the reason). I'm hoping it'll be okay, when they're all back home together again. I have absolutely no interest (for myself) in the type of parties you're speaking of, and never have. It's up to the individuals, but when it comes to disturbing others, well ... It's my sincere prayer, that you and your family find a great, affordable place to live in the near future. There just 'has to be' a solution to all of this. Take care. Hugs.
Thanks Mom...I just PM'd you a few minutes ago and tried to Messenger you too.. It was back in the summer I think...a few months ago and I called just after my son left for work but to my knowledge the cops never came and it went on all night that night with cars in and out of the parking lot also etc. that one was really bad!!! It is my hope too that an alternative comes to us soon! ~Heavens~
Oops!!! I meant Husband not son..... I guess I should go to bed! ~Heavens~
That's okay. I knew what you meant. That night in the summer sounds just horrific! Unfortunately, I can't go to bed (yet), as I have to take my meds at 12:30. What a nuisance. I have some things to get ready for the morning too, but am just putting in some time here. I'll see how things go tomorrow, and then we can talk about this week. I hope you have a good day tomorrow.
@Debs_place (10525)
I would think that the lease must have some clause for noise level control during certain times. I would contact the landlord. I used to live in an apartment where the people next to us had parties every weekend starting Friday afternoon until Sunday night. We would go to movies or out just to get away from the noise. It took awhile but they finally did get evicted. I have neighbors now that do the same thing. My husband is a shift worked and they know this, yet they will leave their motorcycles running to 'warm up' in the summer for 15-20 minutes at a time and we get the fumes in our bedroom. We cool the house with a house fan and have to remind them multiple times in the summer that we get their fumes in our house when they leave the vehicles to warm --which to me a vehicle left to warm up in the summer is just a waste of gas.
We live in a lower part of town if you know what I mean and the landlord just wants all four units filled and so that is why the other three units are all single moms under the age of 25 drinking and having men float in and out all the time wearing their skimpy clothing etc...I am thirty and the oldest woman in the building...also the only one with a partner who is with me constant if you know what I mean! Contacting the Landlord would do no good...they all party together I think and this is the first it has occurred in a while....nothing yet tonight and it is 11:30 PM we'll see! Her would have to evict all three units for it to stop and then would have difficulty getting them rented out again to half decent tenants...the cycle continues! ~Heavens~
People who play loud music and wake people up are idiots. Same with people who blast loud music out of their cars. I can't believe the way some people think everyone in the world wants to hear their damn, friggen, pounding, crappy, music. I hate when they do that. If someone wakes me up like that, I will call the police on a noise violation.