When you chat online...

France
Let's say you chat with your friend on a msn or something and you type a word in a wrong way,would you correct it after or not? I wasn't doing like that some times ago but I just caught this habit from friends, How about you? Do you correct your errors or do you just leave them like that?
I'm so OC (obsessive compulsive) when it comes to things like that that yes I do go back and correct myself. I let a few errors slip by though if I'm in a big hurry. I feel that in a way it's a reflection of the person writing or chatting.
• France
I would like to correct myself as well
@bombshell (11266)
i just leave it like that.if he/she dont understand the word he/she ask anyway but since no asking means he/she understand the word.
• France
Yeah, I was just thinking like that before as well but it changed since I caught this habit from my online friends!
@phyrethyme (1267)
I automatically correct any error I typed. I guess it's some kind of sickness I'm developing. Lol XD
• France
Haha and some friends of mine passed this on me too
Haha. I guess, it can't be helped. XD
• France
Yah, It must be a bit late now
@suruchi86 (1873)
I'm so sorry for coming in so late. I don't feel it appropriate to leave mistakes intentionally. So I'd rather correct the wrong spelling.
• France
Feel the same here.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Cannonball, It depends. If it is understandable, I won't correct the word but if it is not, I will correct it. I have a weird habit too. I tend to type my reply in a full and complete sentence whenever I chat online. It looks funny to me as most of us just type a short form and sometimes a simple sentence to communicate. I remember one time when I was chatting with an online friend, I supposed to type the word 'coach' but ended up typing 'couch' I think my friend didn't want to offend me and he made a joke about my brother being a couch.
• France
LoL Yeah I had some friends who likes to type long speech at once just like, I also find it good but I would make a mix of both actually. I won't write this much but I don't like to write short sentences only
@secretbear (19464)
hi cannonball! i do. even if i know that my friend would still get what i mean even if i made a mistake with my typing, i still make the effort to correct it. like if i misspelled a word or there is one letter missing, i'd type again the word with the correct spelling and put an asterisk after it. for example, if i misspelled "perfect" and typed it as "prefect", i would type the word again like this "perfect*". its a habit and i think its better to have a habit like that because you will not be accustomed on typing words with wrong spelling. and sometimes, words can become different words, or give a different meaning when misspelled.
• France
This could happen to me as well. I mean to mix two letters or maybe add one if I typed too fast or something and I like this habit hihi!
@magojordan (3254)
Yes I do because sometimes I type the wrong word and it has a different meaning already. I try as much not to commit mistakes but of course it can't be avoided at times so I just correct them.
• France
I would do it as well
@gtdonna (1740)
Because I tend to type fast, I do make errors, but I do correct them because to me if I don't I will keep making them not only in chat but also in emails and other activities where I need to type fast, like here on Mylot.
• France
I also type a bit fast and I have to slow it down for the same reasons as you because I could sometimes mix 2 letters with each other stuffs like that or even add an unexpected letter
I sometimes correct typos when chatting, But I usually only chat with my sister.. not very much with others... Once in a while with friends.. mostly with my sister.
• France
I see, Do you still correct your typo with her or not?
@Amanda81587 (3046)
I usually correct it with a little star after it so the person knows it was a mistake. I think its habit of me to correct my mispellings unless i really dont know how its spelled then I just do my best and hope they understand it.
• France
I have the same habit
@Wyldrose (1216)
I always correct myself. I try not to make too many typing errors to begin with, but if I do, I want it to be presentable.
• France
The same here
@lexus54 (3576)
In communication, I usually try and write properly without errors. I think it is a good habit to adopt. So even in messaging, even though I am typing faster, I still try and eyeball what I type and correct any errors that I spot before triggering the send. The times when I am doing this too quickly and letting some errors slip through, I will usually follow up immediately on corrections. Usually my friends who 'talk' to me on MSN do the same too.
• France
I like that way, It just looks better
Yes I do most of the time, and the reason is that I speak mostly to a friend in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on MSN Messenger. She has learned much English by talking with me and we communicate in English, not Spanish. If I mispell a word, and I have already sent the sentence, I immediately type in the correct spelling and send it. That way it helps my friend see the correct way and additionally reminds her of the corect spelling.
• France
That's better like that!
@reinydawn (11649)
If I notice it, I will correct it. Sometimes I see that I typed something wrong right away and I'll hit the backspace to go back and correct it.
• France
I like that
@f14_0105 (22)
Depend on for me I'll correct it if they misunderstand about what I typed I'll Explain with chat friends and I think it will be understand and done
• France
Good stuff!
@kun2349 (23475)
Initally i will correct myself if i have a typo error, but most of the time, i'm slow in my typing and by time i correct it, they have replied me.. lol =D So as time goes by, i won't try to correct typo error, if they can understand what i trying to say or mean.. lol
• France
Yeah, It would be a bit messy like that lol
@hiddenwing (3721)
I always just leave them like that unless it is too hard to understand
• France
The same here
@jinxky (2251)
salut! yeah when i typed a wrong words in a wrong way or lets say i misspelled the words, i will correct it by putting an asterisk (*) before the word coz sometimes they don't get what i'm saying especially if i misspelled the words. so in order for them to understand, i will type it again lol
• France
I would use an asterisk too
depends on who i am talking to. if its my best friend or someone that already knows how i am and can think then i dont have to correct everything but if its some one i dont know well then i will go back unless its just something simple and correct it
• France
The same here
@winterose (39918)
I only correct if the mistake would make the person unable to understand what I really meant, otherwise if they can understand it I leave it as is.
• France
I think it's good this way