This Wednesday I'm going to the an interview for an internship

So this semester I am taking this really cool class that deals with studying the Caribbean and the world. And the teacher is going to make us do an internship. He gave me a really cool internship that deals with Latin writers. So I sent my resume to the guy in charge over there on Thursday and he told me to go in on Wednesday. Now I hope that he really likes me and my resume and that I am able to get the internship. I don't really have too much experience in work. The only job I've had since I was younger was being a babysitter. But I am very disciplined and presentable. And my teacher from that class told me that I look like I'm a presentable, dependable and conscientious person, and he only knew me for like two hours that day. So I have everything ready. I am going to wear a black pant suit with a white shirt and my mother is going to do my hair. I'm thinking of doing it in curls. I have to be there at 11:00 AM. I am going to leave at 9:00 so that I can be there early and not have to worry that I get there late. And especially if something happens with the trains. So I really hope that I get this internship so that I can get more job experience, put it on my resume and also meet people and make connections. So wish me luck guys! What do you usually wear when you go to a job interview? Do you always update your resume?
@writersedge (22579)
Always update your resume. They want to know what you can do for them specifically, not the last company I went to see. I wish you luck. Go for it! Sounds cool! What I wear depends on if it's for teaching, working in a warehouse, etc. So anything from suits to blue jeans. Take care and very good luck.
Thanks and I do hope that everything goes perfect tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. ^_^
@secretbear (19464)
hi ayumi-chan! its a good thing that your teacher gave you positive comments about your appearance. it helps in adding self-confidence. good luck with your interview. i will pray that you get the internship. ^__^ i think its okay to wear black pant suit and a white tshirt in your interview. it really depends on what kind of work are you applying for and it depends on where the interview will be held. if its going to be held in an office, then of course you should wear a formal dress. if its in a hotel or restaurant, then semi-formal would be okay. and then, the kind of work matters too. i once applied for a Field Technician position and i wore a semi-formal attire in the interview. the interviewer thought i was a person not suited for field works. i guess they expected me to be in jeans and shirts. so i think the kind of work matters too. and yes, i always update my resume. you should always put there whatever you have accomplished that would give bearing to the work you are applying for.
Yeah that really made my self-confidence go up a lot. The job is in an office I think. And my teacher has always told me that when I go to an interview that I should go dressed up decently so that the people doing the interview and not look sloppy. When I get there if the guy says yes then I'll ask him what is the atttire that they wear there. Thanks for the advice and I'm hoping that all goes well. Take care. ^_^
Good luck! I usually wear a suit and smile, just be comfortable in your own skin. I always update my resume and I have a about 5 different ones because each job is different so you have to tailor your experience to shine for that particular employer. Again, good luck and let us know what happens.
That's good. And since I don't really have too much experience right now I only have one resume. but hopefully this internship will lead to other opportunities. Then my resume will look better than it does right now.