The awful sounds of people eating.

@Sheepie (3118)
Does it bother you when people make a lot of noise when they eat? My brother makes these smacking, wet noises, and it makes me want to punch him. It just annoys me so much. If he could just eat with his mouth closed I wouldn't have to hear it!
Hi Sheepie, You are not the only who gets very annoyed when people make noise when they eat, my husband does and I'm always telling him off about it. I wish he would closed his mouth when he eats, you won't hears me eating noisely. Hugs Tamara
@Sheepie (3118)
Maybe you have to do the same thing back to him! I can't understand why a person would just continue to do something they know annoys you. No manners at all!
@Chevee (5915)
Yes I hate a noisy eater, all that smacking,snorting and burping just ruins my appetite I can't eat around someone like that I would have to excuse myself from the table. That is definitely bad table manners. And I hate for some one to blow their nose at the table when I am eating too.
@Sheepie (3118)
It would be nice if everyone was allowed to just eat alone, and then talk after everyone was done eating, because so many of the people here are so terrible to eat around!
Hi there sheepie! I am easily disturbed by people who make a lot of noise when eating. However, at times, I have to consider that there really are people who create slurping sounds when eating as it is part of their culture. What I mean is that, there are people who believe that when you eat with those slurping sounds, it's one way of showing them that you appreciate the food they offered. But generally, it can get irritating too!
@rainmark (4306)
Oh Dear! Sounds that your brother is similar to my brother whem eating.But when im going to tell him that right way of eating without the niose, the more he do the noisy sounds on my face.Sometimes i hit him and that ruins his appettite and stop eating. Lolz but i didn't mean that. My sister also making a sound but when she gets bigger and turning to teenager it changed. happy myloting.
@Jerrybbb (67)
We were raised to eat with our mouths shut ,we would have been scolded if we had tried to chatter with a mouthful of food,im sure he doesnt mean to annoy you,does he know he annoys you?does he know that the sonds of him muching get on your nerves?maybe he doesnt and its something you ought to broach with him.I have been in a restaurant many times and have had to endure the slurping and the sucking noises crested by the diners there,so I can empathise with you ,indeed I can.
@Sheepie (3118)
Now that's good parenting! All parents should make sure their children have good table manners from an early age. I am kind of afriad to tell him to stop, because he might never do it.
My dad does that. He can't hear himself doing it, but it grosses me out. I've mentioned it to him, but he still does it. My mom and I don't like it, but in the last few years he has started to really 'smack' when he is eating. I think it is because he takes too big of a bite when he is eating, which results in him chewing with his mouth slightly open.
@mentalward (14695)
Oh, man! My ex husband used to eat that way! It was horrible! I couldn't believe his mother didn't teach him better than that. My kids, of whom he was their stepfather, would often tell him to chew with his mouth closed because he was grossing them out. He never did stop it. It was just one of the many reasons I divorced him. It really can be irritating. My mother once told me that I was "biting" my fork and making scraping sounds with my teeth against it. I know how that could be irritating so I consciously made an effort to stop that habit, which I did. But my ex didn't care what anyone said or thought about his nasty habit of chewing with his mouth open and smacking his lips along with other gross sounds. To my knowledge, he's still a gross, irritating, small little man.
@SaintAnne (5453)
Boyfriend makes the mmmm sound when he eats something really yummy... but that's only when we're in the house. He doesn't do it when we're dining out which is kinda weird (but I'm thankful he doesn't) because I'm sure most of the food we enjoy outside tastes better than the food we make. He also uses the teaspoon to "drink" his chocolate drink in a huge glass. I'm so used to it now it's almost endearing.
@jillhill (37383)
YES!!!!! I can't stand that or stand to look at someone who has their mouth full of food and it's hanging open....don't they know how disgusting that is? I also work with a man that's almost forty and when he is busy his tongue hangs out of his mouth. I am glad I don't work next to him or there would be some hard feelings as I would have to say something!
@gemini_rose (16194)
Yes I know what you mean, it is the worst sound ever to hear someone slapping while they are eating. I think that it is just a sign of bad manners for people to eat with their mouths open. My hubby absolutely hates it if the kids do it, he hates it worse than I do.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I agree I hate thay smacking sound also. I don't have any family members that do that. To me is seems really rude to hear someone smack.
@rizzu87 (860)
YUKH!! That is really yukhyyyy... i am in malaysia with a couple of friends for studies, and we live in the same apartment and usually eat together, and one of my friend makes that stupid sound while eating sometimes i have to take my plate away and force me to eat somewhere else otherwise i will vomit. and yeh.. most importantly i never told him to stop doing that coz it looks weird.. but really i want to get rid of all this, please can anyone advise me a nice way of telling him.
i can't stand eating while someone is making noises and smacking or not closing their mouth when they chew it is one of my pet peeves we usually never have a quiet dinner though with an 18 month old and 4 year old so its not that bad always noisey in the background but i do teach them manners my daughter use to bit her soon so there was that constant clinging nose...but i would not be able stand what you go through with your brother i would wanna hit him to!!!lol