Borrow your money, but paid back with no interest, is that fair?

@ch88ss (2270)
How do you feel about our government collecting more from our state taxes. They are not keeping it though, they are going to borrow it first, which means less take home pay Then they will pay us back the following year. However, I do not believe they are going to send us money back to include the interest for keeping our money for one year. So instead of cutting budget spending, they are going to borrow money from the very same people who Are contributing to the economy – “us” the tax payers. I feel many of the higher officials get paid way too much money for the amount of work they do and don’t do. So why not take a salary cut and we can save some big bucks to help the deficit?
@CEVCEV (544)
Now ! that as always would be a non starter . The non productive elements of society always get of lightly or unaffected by the financial mess that they create by the shear greed that consumes them . It is always the producing part of the population that pay the way for the non producer.
@ch88ss (2270)
Oh yes the non producer keep the gain as always. Our legislature has given up on the American people and have decided to invest money on other needs that are not as important.
@IsisGreen (556)
I'm afraid I haven't seen the story you're referring to. But why don't they just issue bonds?
@CEVCEV (544)
Dire Straits. ' Money For Nothing ' Thats what they want.
It's all about shifting those white goods eh?
@ch88ss (2270)
oh yes, all so true. I bugs me because we work so hard to pay the bills and now they take our money and when it is returned to us it is not with interest. I could have used that money to pay off some debts myself, now I accrue interest because I involuntarily offered my money.
If the government paid interest for all of the money that they borrowe,d they'd be able to wipe out a lot of debt, or atleast think twice before borrowing money, since they would have to pay it back with interest. I know that interest rates make a lot of people, including myself, think twice before borrowing money of any kind!
@ch88ss (2270)
Yes you are right. I think twice before I put large purchaes on credit card Because I hate to pay interest. Now the government is going to borrow money from their own taxpayer, but not going to pay us interest Totally not right!
@IsisGreen (556)
Could somebody provide a hyperlink to the story please. I'm kind of lost trying to think what this is.
@ch88ss (2270)
I wish I can, but I will try. I was driving to work when I heard about it on the talk radio. I tried looking it earlier but could not find it. I will spend mor time looking it up Thanks.
@myliezl0903 (2731)
well, we cannot do anything about it ., i know it is really unfair cause they are using our money and return it to us after a year without any interest ., and when we put it in a bank it will give us at least 2 percent every month i guess ., well it wouldn't be that much but at least we are really sure that it will earn interest for a year and we also have now a time deposit account that will give us higher interest right? hmmmm, that it really unfair .,
@ch88ss (2270)
yes it is not right and I cannot stand it. I really really want to move to another planet!! maybe where things are fair But does one exist?