Will you cook and bring your lunch to office?

China
Lunch time again!!Everytime my colleague shot to all of us in the office at the standard lunch time,say 12:45,then turn into silence,we're thinking of where to go and what to have for our lunch.I used to think of cooking and bringing the lunch to office by myself and can eat my own-make food,however,it's somewhat unreallize as the busy and late time when I arrive home in the evening.How about you mylotters?If you need to have lunch in office time,will you bring yourselves?If yes,how to make it!!?
@reinydawn (11651)
I almost always take my lunch to work. It's less expensive and it's better for you. I usually make it the night before so I'm not as rushed in the morning. If I have leftovers from dinner, I put them in single-serving containers to take to lunch so I don't have to dish it out later.
Yea,I suppose I could do that as I know the home-make lunch will be less expensive and more important is it's better for ourselves.One thing I want to ask,will you bring the vegetable along with your lunch box?If yes,how to keep them in well condition?say green or fresh?Thanks for sharing~
@reinydawn (11651)
If I'm bringing fresh veggies - in a salad or just chopped up - I keep them in Tupperware. They stay very fresh that way, and it's only for the most 12 hours or so. If they're cooked already, I still put them in Tupperware (I used to sell Tupperware so I have tons of it) and reheat them for about 30 seconds in the microwave at work.
Not a bad idea.Thanks for your sharing.As far as I know it's better to avoid the leftover vegetable.Just personel idea~`lol
@ailema4ever (2675)
• Finland
Oh yes, I bring my own lunch since it's cheaper that way rather than buying it. When I still lived in Indonesia, though, I once worked in a factory where they gave us dinner, so I didn't have to bring any food. :-)))) How to prepare the food food? Well, if you don't have too much time to cook in the evenings, why don't you cook plenty of food during the weekend, freeze some, bring some to the office (if the office has a microwave, then you've got no problem). There are plenty of recipes online to try out. :-))))
Thanks for your good idea,freeze some food~the problem is I don't have a microwave in my office.Anyway,will try if my boss can be persuaded to buy one.lol~~
• Finland
GOOD LUCK in persuading your boss in buying one, then! Gang up with other coworkers and go persuade him he he he...
@NrgDfenZ (1810)
• Belgium
I don't think I would do that :D I would want it to be warm, and not cold ^^ So I would buy some hot foor somewhere.. Have a nice day ^^
Yea,I think everyone like warm.hot food as their lunch,which will give us power to deal with the loads of work at the rest time that day~~lol,thanks for response`
@subha12 (18463)
i bring lunch from home most days. actually i seldom cook. my mom cooks for me. but always i think its good to cook and bring lunch from home. may be once in a week you can have lunch in canteen. its going to be healthy and cheap too.
Wow,If I were you,I will definitely feeling very very good with the mom-made lunch``it's much much better than lunch in canteen or take away lunch`~
@Ina926 (172)
When I was working, I would take homemade lunch for me and my husband, as we would work together. I would make some breakfast tacos for the morning and I would make a different kind of taco for lunch like beef or chicken fajitas. If there was a time when I couldn't cook, we would stop to buy something.
I like tacos~`however never know how to make it myself~ Thanks for responses~
@James72 (26832)
I am lucky actually because my apartment is in the same building as the office. So I get to go home everyday to eat a cooked lunch with my wife! If I was not able to do this I would probably bring leftovers from the previous evening's dinner for my lunch everyday; or knowing me I would end up not eating lunch at all most days! lol.
Wow,so lucky you are,live and work at the same building.So mine~~Suppose that I were you,I will go home evry noon time,take a cooked lunch and have a break~`wonderful!!
I am a stay at home mom so I have lunch at home with my daughter. My Hubby and Son bring a lunch to work and school. They usualy get an apple, a bottle of water, and a whole wheat sandwhich of some sort. I know I could do better but I am running out of easy lunch ideas. Once in a while we just pack up leftovers and they have that.
Yea,I think sandwich is a not a bad idea as the lunch,it contains the enough calorie and nutrition,if plus some fruit or milk something will be much better.One point needs to be considered is the store of bring-lunch,I mean at least your office/school has the refrigeratory.Thanks for sharing and wish you have a good day~
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello tonytt. I don't think that I will bring my own lunch to the office, but it is possible that I will bring my breakfast to the office instead. Because I want to have a good and hot lunch in a restaurant or at home. Lunch is very important to us for more energy in the afternoon.
Yea,as you may know in our city,mountain of canteens around our office but few quality one,unless I can group my colleague together,share the lunch fee in the better restaurants.For the breakfast,I always have them at home~~lol.Thanks for sharing my friend.
@bombshell (11268)
when i was working in pharmacy yes i get ap early and cook for my lunch.coz i dont have breakfast so i need to eat a proper lunch.i had rice and fried prochop or sometimes friedm fish and vegestables.
Emm,not bad my friend,early lunch always is luxury things for me as it'll be crowd of peopel out there,having lunch`~Thanks and have a nice day~
@chinniR (661)
hi tony, i would bring lunch to office. i think that's always better. eating canteen food all the time is not that good for health. if it is going to be once in a while it's good. my mom usually cooks the food early in the morning for my dad. so i think even i can take home made food to the office in the future.
That's pretty good.If have changes,I will "ask" my mom come and live with me for a while`then I can enjoy my home-make--mom-make lunch`lol