Spirituality vs Religion..

@brisk123 (2826)
Can one be spiritual without being too religious? Does one have to go to a religious institute often to enhance/identify one's spirituality? Which is more important according to you?As for me,I always have and keep my faith in God. He is never far from me. He is always here and everywhere,I don't really need to go anywhere to talk with Him.I talked with Him in my prayers.Comment.
Yeah. Being religious is not being spiritual. And to make it more complicated, there are people who are very religious but are very unspiritual.
@brisk123 (2826)
You said the truth my friend
@Ravenladyj (22937)
of course. One can be spiritual without being religious at all actually.. I know I am..I'm not religious but I'm a very spiritual woman..
@brisk123 (2826)
I am glad to hear that my friend.I believe in God and have true faith in Him.I cannot go to church often because of my schedules and the distance it takes to travel to go to church.But,I always pray and try to be spiritual and follow God true heartedly.Good day my friend!
@nanajanet (4436)
I don't consider being religious to be the equivalent of being spiritual. I know many a religious person who are hypocrites and do not live a spritual life. It's like they belong to a club and just to say, "Look, I am holy, I go to church and believe in God!" The Mafia attends church on Sunday, for example. I know many a spiritual person who does not belong to any church or religion that are truly "holy" and good people that show the true way God, or whatever you call Him/Her, would have us live. I am no longer a practicing Catholic as I find most churches, including the Catholic church, have gone off the path and some religions, like the church of England, are a crock of poop. It was created by a man(Henry the VIII) who did not like the rules the Catholic Church had set so he could murder his wives, or divorce them and keep screwing more wives (and who else, one only can guess).
@dreamssri (1796)
Certainly,ONE DOES NOT NEED TO GO TO A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTE OFTEN TO ENHANCE HIS/HER SPIRITUALITY..BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THIS: you may not believe in idol worship...but what special about going to a religious place is this:of course,idols are stones and not GOD Himself..but when a lot of people keep faith in that particular idol(stone),the idol itself gets a POWER..God give his blessings to the idol..that means the IDOL itself becomes holy...more over when going to a religious place,I SWEAR YOU WILL FEEL SOMETHING MAGICAL,PEACEFUL,SPIRITUAL...you get peace to your mind...the place is HOLY... [b] "the flame of one kindle the other" - kahlil gibran.[/b](i dont remember the exact quote) In a religious place/institute,nobody will think harm to the other..means everymind will be peaceful,holy,good..when there are good people around us,its good for us.. But you're right,GOD IS EVERYWHERE..FOR ME: GOD IS NATURE - NATURE IS GOD.. Blessings.
• Lubbock, Texas
You can definitely be religious without being spiritual. Note all the people who go to church on Sunday, spout Bible verses for every occasion, while gossiping and stabbing their neighbor in the back verbally. So it follows that you can be spiritual without being religious. I don't attend a "gathering" at any regular intervals. I believe churches and meeting places are meant to strengthen and uplift you and remind you to live your life close to your creator, but the last couple I attended on any kind of regular basis dragged my spirit down so low that it was hard to get back up. All I have to do is look at the universe and all that is in it and remember it is the manifestation of the creator. I can talk to him anywhere. My spirits can be lifted by a flower that wasn't there yesterday. It's God telling me he's still in control.
@sharay (2776)
i am spiritual, but not at all religious inspite of my father-in-law running three churches and asking me to get involve in to some of the church things and get religious, but i am just not able to do that though i am very much in love with Jesus, so...we can be of course spiritual without being religious