1994 acura integra spark plug firing order?

hey there, i just bought a new distributor cap for my car. what is the order for hooking the spark plug wires to the distributor cap? i marked the wires 1,2,3,4 as to how they were originally. i went online and saw a totally different configuration? when i try to start my car, nothing happens. when i switch the wire back to the way they were orginally, i can hear that it wants to turn over but it doesnt? HELP!!! any thoughts as to what i need now? or what i may have done wrong?
@Ldyjarhead (10162)
I think you need to stick around and see what myLot is all about. While you might be able to get answers to some questions from friends here, this is not a 'how to' forum. You'd probably be better off doing a search for that in your browser. I know there are many automotive problem-solving sites out there and you'll no doubt find someone with the answer you need. If you want to know how myLot works, read the FAQ and also look at my profile. I've got lots of tips there to help get you started.