Animals (apparently) can see spirits - why can't we ?

Oxford, England
As an offshoot from a discussion last night with Aslanlight, she contributed information about a horse apparently distracted by what was likely to have been a spirit form. Further to this, I think it is common knowledge (or belief) that dogs and cats can see into the spirit realm. Whilst I am not interested in a veterinary lecture as to why, I am intrigued to hear opinions as to why the spirit realm allows animals to see them ?
@commanderxo (1496)
Hello GranTurismoGuru... Beyond the realm of Sony Play Station road racing, there DOES indeed exist a world far beyond our own. Animals (as well as humans) are capable of seeing spirits. The reason why animals seem more apt to be aware of them, is due to the fact that they do not possess a conscience. This, including thinking, often gets in the way of some humans, and hence prevents their optimal awareness from being able to actually "see" what surrounds them. Since animals are free of these two "limitations", there is nothing within THEIR awareness that would hold them back, or prevent them from observing things, that humans would otherwise miss. cdrxo
• Oxford, England
Hi Commander XO, I must say, I like that. A well orchestrated and eloquent comment. To test your opinion, I would respectfully ask, how do you know that animals do not have a conscience? And, by inferrence, how do we know that an animal does not think? Please clarify - I am always hungry for new information. As for the opening line RE:- "Beyond the realm ... etc", may I respectfully assure you that, if you infer what I think you infer, then maybe you should come out with me for a quiet drive around a circuit of your choice in a real car. Enjoyed your comment and look forward to many more! Thanks, GT
Hehehehe...it's great to see someone with a sense of humor. I meant no disrespect...merely a joke is all. Actually, I'm a huge fan of Formula One and Nascar. My boss is a close friend of Dale Jr. Well, I have commented on this subject once before...re: animals "thinking" etc., and in all due respect once again, only WE...humans...posses the abilities I spoke of. Animals, as I have mentioned on previous discussions, cannot think as it were, therefore cannot posses a conscience.....but they DO posses the ability to REASON by instinct. In this way, to us it "appears" as though they are thinking. ....and I thank you for your most excellent response as well. Now, where did I put those tickets???? Hmmmm? :-) cdrxo
• Oxford, England
Really enjoy your entries - please keep em coming. Thanks and respect, GTG
@leenie50 (3992)
Hi GT, I do think that some of us human beings can also see beyond into the spirit world. They say that babies and young children can see spiritual beings. The reason being, I believe is that their minds are not cluttered with all the stress and garbage that we adults clutter our minds with everyday. These Babes are pure and simple and angelic here on earth. They are seeing the images from which they came. I just wish that I could clear my mind to see beyond what's here on earth. Take care sweetie. leenie
• Oxford, England
Hello my dear, Once again, along the same lines as the above with your thoughts. I agree. Can I please add that it has been said by a good many medical, and especially neurological experts, that a baby is perfectly capable of growing back a finger (for example) if it had become severed and lost. These experts go on to say that the reason we adults cannot do the same, is because of what you said ... our minds are 'cluttered' ... If our minds, as adults, were not poluted and poisoned by modern life and society, it is said that we would be able to do the same as the babies. This fits perfectly with your view on this discussion. Thanks for taking the time again, love it when you respond, Gran Turismo Guru
@leenie50 (3992)
Thanks GT, I enjoy your conversations. You have a curious mind especially in the Spiritual world as do I. I love hearing about this subject. I'm curious about phychics and mediums. I wish I knew more about those subjects. xoxo leenie
@Tetchie (2933)
You can see spirits also. Some people are more sensitive to them than others. Animals have heightened senses which makes it easier to see and feel them. It's a primal ability. Humans have it as well, though our senses are clouded or distracted more by the 'clutter' around us. Seeing spirits requires some fine tuning. Animals do have consciousness, they react to spirits too. Articulating the experience is obviously different to how a human would!! It's not a matter of 'being allowed to see' spiritual or non physical presences. It's about heightening our own senses. Using vision which is not just of the eyes, but feelings, smelling, hearing. It is something we innately have and can rediscover if you choose to re-learn. Interestingly though, spiritual realms are complex and not all what you think they are. Visions of physical beings are more tied to the physical levels of spiritual realms. It changes the more you go inside, forms differ and you do as well. We ask questions from the physical standpoint and are trying to understand experiences from the physical mind. It all gets turned upside down the more you see.
• Oxford, England
Hello Tetchie, What an interesting overview you give us. I do wish that I were able to heighten my own level of consciousness to a point where my perception of the spirit world became reasonably vivid. You are not the first to say that we humans have lost our abilities in certain fields. Thank you for your comment - really interesting. GT
All animals life forms can see the spirit forms including us. The only problem is when we were very young our guardians or parents negatively programmed our tender minds that these things are not real. So in a way our psychic faculties atrophied through our lives until we turned them on again through esoteric practices such as meditation.
• Oxford, England
Yet again, a further comment on the same theme. Thank you. This is very interesting to me because you agree (thereabouts) with the above entries. Now, to me, what everyone above is saying, makes me think that if a human adult took on the task of clearing their PRESENT mind at will, then they would be in a mental condition, or state, capable of receiving higher levels of perception. Thanks for comment GT
@emarie (5455)
animals have a natural instincts that humans once had. it can be the same for children and babies, their minds are more open and are more likely to see spirits. as adults we forget these type of instincts, some of us still keep them and majority lose it.
• Oxford, England
Hello Emarie, I think you have a good point there ... on the same lines as the above comment. I do think that we adults are not only brainwashed, but conditioned to be subdued. Thank you for your words, GT
@lilaclady (28270)
I think it is just that animals are more open to the spiritual side of things, the human race has been conditioned over centuries to believe what all the religious books say and you know I think they have got it all wrong, and now we are nearly all closed minded to what is actually there except for a few people who have fought with their thinking and can reach out and contact that side of things but they get called crazy by the rest of the human race who have still got the closed minds...just my idea...
• Oxford, England
Thanks Lilaclady, The scientists all say that we only use 10% of our brain don't they. I do think that the establishment wants, at all cost, to keep us humans as quiet and asleep as they possibly can, so we don't get any encouragement to seek higher levels of consciousness. Nice comment, thank you, GT