procastination...

@punkix (658)
i just responded to a person that replied to one of my posts and i remember high school and college days. i procastinated a lot, when it came to school work, assignments, projects, etc and when the deadline is a bit far, as in i procastinate, happy times always come first. LOL especially when i was in high school and when it was exams week, high school classes start early not like college, so what i did was when i get home from school, i eat then i sleep then wake up so early then study my notes yet it worked for me though. when you come to school, all of the things you read is still in your head. LOL but there were times that i was not able to get up to study :) LOL whether youre in school, you have a job, or simply work around the house, you can procastinate :) do you? or you do your tasks right away so you can just lounge til the deadline? :)
@tryxiness (4548)
Oh at this very moment I am thinking of the documentation which was due a month ago. And I have been procrastinating about it for more than a month because of other things (more of priorities) that I have in mind. But that's not always the case, sometimes when I feel like doing the task, I would right away finish it.
@punkix (658)
yeah hahaha lets have a different attitude towards work :)
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Procastination is dangerous, it has made alot of people to die without achieving their dreams and aspirations. I hate procastination, i love doing it now now, if one procastinate, you also shift your achievement forward, i do quarel with my wife every time because of procastination, what she can achieve now, she will post it till tomorrow or next which is dangerous.
@punkix (658)
you know what. that made me think... people can die without achieveing anything because of procstination... is pretty dangerous. and it got me a bit worried
@salonga (28016)
Procrastination! Putting off tasks for tomorrow! Well this is very risky because you don't know what tomorrow holds for you. You either get sick or worst die and you have no more chance to do what you have put off. Well, if inability to do things right away is because you really are burdened with other much more priority or important tasks to do then I would say this is not bad. This happens to me but I make sure I don't miss doing the job I put off before the very due date. However if you procrastinate out of laziness or care-free attitude then this is not tolerable to me at all. Procrastination then also means slothfulness and who loves a slothful person? “A sloth is a tropical mammal that lives much of its life hanging upside-down from tree branches,” writes John Ortberg. “When forced to descend to the ground, sloths crawl down so slowly at the rate of ten feet a minute.. .Sloths are generally sluggish and inactive; they build no nests and seek no shelter even for their babies. They sleep 15 to 22 hours a day, rising in the late afternoon to eat whatever leaves may be close at hand... and would not even care to look for other foods somewhere. The sloths can't be possibly trained. A sluggard lacks energy only for those things he doesn’t want to do. But most of the time if it is for pleasure, he is ever alive and ready to go. As one Proverb 12:27 puts it, “The lazy man does not roast his game.” In other words he loves the pleasure of going hunting but he’s too tired to cook his prey. I think the best way to overcome procrastination is know the importance of time and the shortness of life. That way we can set our hearts on making the most of the time we have. Related Bible Verse: ------------------ Ephesians 5:16 “Be very careful then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.” God bless!
@lrglara (1343)
i can't help it... there are instances where i procastinate. not all the time though. i tend to forget what i have to do... LOL! :D
Sometimes, when I know I can finish the job quickly, I'd procrastinate and save it for another day. This was especially true in college. Of course sometimes, things aren't that easy and you really have to work on it for a long time. It's another lesson I learned in college. It actually feels good when you finish something way before the deadline because you'll have time to check your work for any errors. Now, when I'm given an assignment at work, I usually get to it right away.