The Dog is Mine

@SaintAnne (5453)
Because I miss my doggie... and because I just saw a news segment last night about couples fighting over who gets to keep the dog when they separate... Have you ever gotten and raised a dog or cat or any pet with an ex? Did you end up getting the pet? Did you have to fight over the dog's custody? I'm just curious. I miss my little doggie.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Sisi I still remember the doggie which my closet neighbor's aunt had brought with her during her visit to our place. She was the sweetest of creatures and would lick me like anything. We had developed a strong bond with each other. I used to walk her, feed her and sleep with her. She became my companion. But inspite of our efforts she left us one day. I am still to recover that. I miss my doggie as well.
@SaintAnne (5453)
It seems like we have the same relationship as you did with your doggie. I walked her, fed her, bathed her, played and sleep with her. All we can do is love them and now, miss them. Thanks mimpi!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Thanks for this discussion. She is always on my mind.
@SaintAnne (5453)
Take care, mimpi...
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Awwwwww HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I was lucky. When I went through my divorce I got to keep our dog. Where he moved wouldn't let him have a dog. I'm sorry you're missing your baby. Have you thought about adopting another one??? It won't be the same but might help fill a little bit of that empty hole you have in your heart.
@SaintAnne (5453)
Thanks for the hug, LadyM. The little baby is actually my sister's and right now, I don't get to see her. I call her mine too because well, I've gotten so attached to her and we used to spend a lot of time together. I miss the way she would follow me around and I miss hugging her. I miss how she truly brightened my day. I am definitely thinking of getting one of my own but I feel guilty because it feels like I'm replacing her. I hope you're having a good time with your dog(s) and cats. Thanks again.
@SaintAnne (5453)
I'm glad to know your house doesn't feel so empty and lonely anymore. I know you miss your husband and cat, it's only been a year or so, and I do hope these kittens brighten every single day of your life. Take care LadyM.
@shiloh_222 (5480)
hi.. now i am confused... where's your doggie? hehehe... did it go out for a vacation or something? well, i saw this similar situation with legally blonde... and this scene was hilarious... LOL ....dont' you agree? i never have pets though i really like to have a siberian husky someday... happy myloting and i miss you.
@SaintAnne (5453)
The doggie's somewhere away from me. I've seen Legally Blonde and it seems to be always on TV but I can't remember the scene you mentioned. I hope you get that Siberian husky sometime. Take care, Shiloh!
sorry to hear that... hope you can get your doggie back soon... well, it's remember the one who's doing the nails? that's her dog and she was living in a trailer with her bad boyfriend. try to remmeber. it's there... have a great weekend.
thanks for that thought.. i hope to have a husky someday too... just don't know when... that's the question.
when i was with my ex his mom bought us two puppies- a chihuahua and a miniature schnauzer. the chihuahua was for me- i fell in love with her at the pet shop. her name was layla and she was the cutest little thing! when we split up my ex actually told me i could take her, even though his mom paid $700 for her! he had the schnauzer and also a westie that he had previous to when i met him. anyway, to make a long story short, i was still living at home and my dad wouldn't let me take the puppy. i was so upset. i really loved her! i heard later on that he ended up getting rid of her, which made me even more upset. :(
@SaintAnne (5453)
I'm so sorry that you didn't get to keep Layla. I don't mean to make you more upset but when you said he got rid of her, did he put Layla in a shelter and had someone else adopt her or you mean that last resort? I am sure Layla enjoyed the times she spent with you. Thanks, fatmansmommy.
oh it's fine! thanks though! no, he just gave her to someone i think. or sold her.
@SaintAnne (5453)
That's good to know then. Thanks.
@drannhh (15226)
Wow, I am just missing out here as I don't have a dog or an ex, but I came by anyway just to say I am sorry you miss your doggie.
@SaintAnne (5453)
Thank you, drannhh.
yeah an ex and I raised a mix terrier but we don't have to go through whom the dog will be kept...my ex gave me the dog without questions ask...
@SaintAnne (5453)
Well, I'm glad to hear that your ex gave you the terrier without giving you a hard time. Hope you and your terrier are enjoying each other! Thanks angel...
i'm lucky because never had had that sit...
@SaintAnne (5453)
You are very lucky to not have to experience this. Thanks luntian_grace and take care of your pet(s)!