Would You Take The Advice Of A Twelve Year Old Boy?

@okwusman1 (2249)
Abuja, Nigeria
Would you take the advice of a twelve year old boy? Jesus at the wedding, He instructed them to fill the Jars with water and they obeyed and a miracle took place, if they had disobeyed, there wouldn't have been any miracle. If your child of twelve years gives you advice would you adhere to it?
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Usman! Yes ,I would accept the advice of a child if he is correctly suggesting something.In fact my 11 year old grandson taught me the operation of computer.He asked me to learn computer operation.As it is the age of computer it is essential to know its operations else I will be treated as a fool.So during his summer vacations last year he forced me to sit with computer for a couple of hours and started his lesions.So I am very proud to accept him as my computer master.thanx.
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Oh bbsr, you made me to laugh out my stress! you mean he taught you how to operate a computer, that is wonderful. i love that. cheers
@owlwings (40038)
• Cambridge, England
Jesus was a young man of about 30 when this took place. There is a long gap, about which we know very little, between his boyhood and the beginning of his ministry (which is when the wedding in Cana took place). I do know some twelve-year olds (and even some eight-year olds), however, who can speak with such calm and authority that nobody even thinks about whether they are a child or not.
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
remember that His ministry started 12 years and that was His first miracle. that not withstanding you can heed such advice.
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
thanks for all the references and explanation, i am glad that you still study your Bible. nice day!
@owlwings (40038)
• Cambridge, England
I study the parts that are relevant. The history of a small Middle-Eastern tribe struggling to come to terms with their idea of a God who is vengeful and dictatorial is not really terribly relevant or interesting. Their stories and poetry are wonderful though and just because much of the Old Testament (and some of the New) is really irrelevant to people today doesn't mean it should all be thrown out.
@Margajoe (4718)
Well, I think it has to do with the child. Even a 12 year old can have good advice. So, yes I would at least listen and consider it. Take care.
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
A twelve year old child might have something to offer, it is good for us to listen to them, they can solve a problem today!