leaving something behind

@savypat (20248)
Have you ever gone someplace and left something behind? Well I did that yesterday, I went to a job and left my purse, this is what makes me so happy I live in a small town. As soon as I got home I found it missing so I called the business and asked. They had found it and locked it up, I knew it was safe because thst's the way most people are areound here. If I had lived in a big city, the purse would have disapeared or I would have had to go back to the place I left it which was an hour's drive and it still may not have been there. I had to ask my husband to go get it because I couldn't drive without my license. When I didn't know I didn't have my license it was all right but driving without it once I knew would have made me so worried I may have been in an accident. End of story, all is well, purse not even opened and I will live through my huband tease for the next year or two.
There are many who believe that, when we leave something behind, it's an unconscious wish to return there. Since your husband went to get it, maybe some sort of "force" wanted him to go there. To be honest, I don't believe that for a minute. I'm just glad you were able to get it back without major consequences. Here in Miami, most people would not even bother to call, since they'd be so sure it was taken by someone else immediately. Gee, I wonder why my husband and I are so anxious to retire so we can move away from here!
@savypat (20248)
welcome to Oregon, no super heat due to the humidity, beautiful seasons, some snow, not much and honest people at least in the small towns. We have coast or mountians, deserts, and forest, your choice.
That sounds fabulous! We'll definitely have to check it out, but neither of us is sure we can handle cold weather. We've always been in the heat. John was born in Cuba, and he's been here for more than 50 years. I was born in Massachusetts, but my family moved to Miami before I was old enough to remember. If only we could afford a home in the North and one in the South! I've heard fabulous things about the Northwest, but never been there. It's certainly on our "must" list!
It happened with me a few months back when I was in the Bank for depositing some money their against which I had issued a cheque to the Electricity Bill. While filling the voucher I put my mobile on the desk. In the process I forget and returned back office I felt that my phone is not in the pocket. I gave bell to the number and it was ringing but on the second ring it was switched off. I purchased a new Nokia phone. So far I have lost 3 mobile phones.
@savypat (20248)
I'm so sorry you lost your phone, I guess all we can do is try to be a honest as we can be and pass on good will.
Hi there savypat! This doesn't happen to me frequently. However, I must admit that I have experienced this. Well, since June of this year, I left my USB attached to the CPU in the office. I am lucky as the people who end up discovering I left it keep it secured. I think there are times that we really are forgetful. Maybe because we are thinking about a lot of things or maybe because we are very busy at times.
It happens to me not-too often. There was a time when in my rush to get to work early, I discovered I forgot my mobile phone at home as soon as I arrived in the office. So, when I got back home from the office later in the evening, I discovered I had many missed calls and important messages waiting for me to reply ASAP. :(
Well, you are lucky you live in an honest town. I don't think I will ever see my purse again if I leave it somewhere. I might get back less valuable things such as umbrellas and so on, but a purse? No way!! Cheers and happy mylotting
@savypat (20248)
Thank you for your response. Yes I know how lucky I am, and I always try to live up to the honesty shown me by passing it on.