Do you have a halloween tradition?

Halloween - Halloween clip art courtesy http://abkldesigns.com
@redkathy (3375)
Halloween is so much fun! Every year we went to some local Halloween event, whether it was a costume contest, haunted house, or community Halloween party, we always did something the week of Halloween. When the boys were too young for haunted houses we would attend a local block party. They had a costume contest for the kids. One year the oldest won most scary and another year the youngest won most creative. When they were older we would all go to a local haunted house during the week of Halloween. The boys would always walk behind me and hubby and laugh at me because when I got scared I would scream. They thought it was hilarious. Do you have a Halloween tradition with your family?
@lkoenig07 (289)
We usually just go to local haunted houses & a haunted hayride. I'm trying to get my hubby to take me to this big haunted house in Buffalo this year... we'll see!
@redkathy (3375)
I hope you convince him! The kids did the hay rides a few years with friends, but I never did. They liked them, said they had fun. Last year my son went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios cause he lives pretty close to there. He said it was a blast and is trying to convince hubby and I to go. With things so tight here I think we'll have to wait for next year and just do the movie thing this time.
no one i know really has a halloween party because every one always is working.. my tradition is to buy a crap load of candy (i say its for giving out to trick or treaters but i never answer the door and i pig out) watch horror movies and have a seance
@redkathy (3375)
I like seeing all the little ones, so cute!
@cjfoust (614)
When I was younger, we went trick or treating every year around the neighborhood. Once I got too old, I walked around with my younger siblings. Pretty soon they are going to be old to go out anymore so I don't know what we will do then. Maybe we will throw a costume party! :)
@redkathy (3375)
A party sounds like fun. My youngest is 21 and we try to get together for a scary movie on Halloween. That's always fun.
@ebsharer (5517)
I would have to say kind of. Last year we went to a friends house for there annual Halloween party. We are going again this year. It is a lot of fun. They have a big bon fire and more food then you know what to do with. Lu had a lot of fun last year and I am thinking she will have even more this year since she is older. I'm excited to see her all dressed up!!
@redkathy (3375)
Yep me too so send me some pics of her dressed up. I hope you have a good time too.
@twoey68 (13651)
I used to. I used to take my Niece and Nephew trick or treating all around town. They are older now...she is 13 and he's 11 so they are too big now. They do come by though and I give them each their own bag of treats and take pics of them in their costumes. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~ [/b]
@redkathy (3375)
I love seeing the little ones!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
no, i really don't. use to take my boys out trick or treating. now i wait for the grandkids to come. westher prrmitting i sit out on my porch & hand out candy. i love seeing al the little ones come.
@redkathy (3375)
I do the same thing. They are so cute! Afterwards we try go to a scary movie, depending on what day Halloween is. If it's not on Halloween, it's the weekend of you know.