Finished another Christmas present!

@ElicBxn (60895)
in a happy sing-song voice (with a little gloat in it) These are actually kind of kits, but I've finished them. 6 presents made and one bought only a bazillion more to go...
@someonesmom (5765)
Congrats! I'm very intrigued, as to what you've made, but do understand why you can't share it here. The only Christmas gifts I've ever really made, are gift baskets, and they do require some extra thought, and time. I don't do these every year, but maybe will again for this upcoming season. Take care.
These sound lovely. I've done similar types in the past, and you've got me thinking that maybe I'll do some again, for this year. They are always well received. I may try some kitchen themed ones this year.
@bombshell (11266)
hmmm you are too early for Christmas hehehe in germany they are different.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Well, when you are making gifts you have to have a head start.
@bombshell (11266)
good.yes i will start now thank you.
@jillhill (37383)
Do you have a picture? It would be nice to see what you are working on...I have to get going on my Christmas projects too soon! Yikes...it's sneaking up on us!
@ElicBxn (60895)
I would love to - but one of the giftees in on the site and I don't want to spoil it for her!
@busyB4 (875)
Way to go!! Doesn't it make you feel good when you complete a project and it turns out like you wanted?!
Hey Congrats!!! I'm not that talented myself in the craft department, I've no patience to make anything like that, wish I did! what did you make??
@ElicBxn (60895)
I'd tell ya, but then one of the giftees would know what she's getting!
@cutepenguin (6457)
wow! I've barely started. I better get going - good thing I'm doing quick things this year.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Good luck on getting things done - I still have more gifts to figure out.
@lilcee (2704)
Congratulations. I like to make Christmas presents but I haven't done any this year. One year I made everyone something. I do make ornaments for the tree tho. Almost all of my ornaments are handmade. I have a few that are old that were my Mom's but most are handmade by me or someone I know. I would like to make gifts this year but can't decide what to make. Good luck on your projects and have fun.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I am making 4 ornaments as well, those are going to be like gift toppers.
@Sparkee73 (125)
Good for you! You're way more prepared for Christmas than I am so far. LOL What did you make?
@ElicBxn (60895)
I don't want to spoil the present for the member who is here on mylot
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi Elic, wow..that is very cool!I always think about that this time..I tried making gifts or presents to friends before when I was in College but not when I had a job, this time,I know it is possible since I have all the time![/i]
Hi ElicBxn, Well done to you, by, your Christmas will be rused free unlike mine, I have not even thought of it yet. Tamara
Oh no! I feel like such a slacker! I haven't even figured out how to make my Christmas present budget work for me this year. I'm hoping to be inventive.
@BarBaraPrz (20728)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
So are you going to tell us what they are?
@ElicBxn (60895)
One of my friends is getting one of the gifts so I'm araid I don't want to spoil it for her.
I will look at them once I post this response. I do appreciate hand made items. I think they say something from the sender/giver. I love to give hand made gifts because they come from my heart.
boy do I have egg on my face I thought you had a photo of them. I guessed wrong. heehee
@ElicBxn (60895)
Don't want to spoil it for the member who is going to get a gift that is on here.
sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh I will keep your secret.
@GreenMoo (11842)
I'm very impressed, having not even thought about Christmas at all yet. There's too much going on here and now to worry about what'll happen in a couple of months. Though it's scary to think how close it is. I saw somewhere recently that it was less than 100 days to go .... Knowing that I won't have the time or enthusiasm to make home made gifts again this year, I'm determined to buy all my gifts from small producers. I guess I ought to pull my finger out and start looking though. It look me ages last year to find the sort of things I was looking for.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Good thing I was already working on things, since I've had this recent bite in my income because of missing work and the car.
@writersedge (22579)
Good for you, how wonderful! What did you make? Kits are neat, what kind of kits?
@ElicBxn (60895)
I'd share, but I'm afraid one of the receipents would see - so I'm keep it a secret!
Congs WTG I am making most of mine this year to but a lot of my family has desided to have babies all in Dec. so i'm making blanket and hat and booties to got a lot to do hope I can get them all done
@ElicBxn (60895)
We are holding out that my neice holds out a bit longer (well, actually a WHOLE LOT LONGER) before she decides to have a baby. It does remain to be seen if she's going to take after mom or dad's side of the family - and then which branch of those. Now, I don't know a LOT about her mom's side - except that she was the ONLY grandchild for the 16 years on that side - and still the only one on our side. If she takes after our side - will she take after mom's mom's or mom's dad's side - my sis and I took after mom's dad's side.... So far - tho, she'll be 23 in Jan and last we heard - nothing in the oven - and we aren't even sure if she still has last year's boyfriend....
Wow, good for you!! Sounds like you're getting an early start. September is one thing (and it's late in September) but I was a little depressed to see the christmas catalogue hit our mailbox in AUGUST! What the heck? Sometimes I wonder about the world. When you are making them it's a really good idea to get a head start.
@ElicBxn (60895)
When you make things you start Dec 26th - or Jan 1st at the latest.