Are you a CRIME Victim?

@redkathy (3375)
When I was in my mid twenties I worked in a convenience store as an assistant manager. My husband at the time was lazy and would not work so I was forced to take the best paying job I could find, given the circumstances. You see I was hired just three months after being involved in a really bad motorcycle accident. Prior to that I was a waitress and dining room manager at a Mexican restaurant and lounge. I made very good money there. I was walking with a cane I could not work there and so it went. One night a man came into the store with a stocking over his head and gun in hand. He proceeded to hold the gun against my forehead while I emptied the cash register. Next he wanted me to empty the safe, which I could not do. Well, I got lucky that night because the day manger left all the change for three stores just under the lid to the floor safe. So I lifted the lid and gave him the change, never having to let him see that I couldn't open the safe below. That was one of the scariest nights in my life. To add insult to injury, since I was the only one working, I had to return to work the next night. I was really scared. In the weeks after this event I looked at hundreds of mug shots, was hypnotized, and asked to view a line up. The prosecutors treated me like the criminal and the police like a guinea pig. Have you ever been a victim of a crime? Care to share your circumstances? Your feelings?
@msmell (1378)
Oh Kathy you are very lucky and that would have scared the living daylights out of me too, I honestly don't know how you went back there? I know that I wouldn't have been able too! And no I am lucky and haven't had to go through anything like this and touch wood I don't ever have too either....
@redkathy (3375)
My mom begged me, long distance, not to go. I had a baby to feed. I was afraid but since I needed the money and was too self sufficient to accept help from my parents I went. The thief turned out to be a cousin of one of the local customers.
@djoyce71 (2512)
What an experience redkathy. You must have been very very scared. I couldn't imagine myself in that situation, I could have collapsed. You were still lucky, they just left you alive. I was never a crime victim, but just experienced vehicular accidents. We can't really tell what's going to happen to us. I think the best way is to always pray to God that nothing bad happens to us. Have a nice day!
@redkathy (3375)
I don't think I'd be here now if it wasn't for my faith! Bad things will always happen, it's the faith and hope that gets us through it all. Have a great night