do you have a favorite seat at church?

@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
SInce I am the one in charge with the projector my favorite seat is always the front part of the left side of our church. My alternate projector in charge also sits beside me or at my back. I am the one always there sitting on that part. How about you mylotters, do you have a favorite seat at your church? hope to hear from you and have a nice day!!!
yes, i do have a favorite seat at the church. i always sat at the back portion of the balcony, where i can see everything. the very first reason is that, im a loner and tend to blend with the crowd, that i dont want anybody to notice me. or what you called a shy person. though i already overcome that weaknesses. i still have that favorite seat. its like a private territory that you tend to protect and piss off when somebody took it.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thats the same with me, but at church people seem to know our loved seats so they just respect and get a territory of their own.
@kymommy72 (588)
We always sit in the same bench every week. It's a short bench, so the four of us fit nicely, including a huge diaper bag. It's right across from my son's sunday school class so if they should need us for him, we are close by.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its nice to be comfortable and altogether sitting on one location.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
yeah we do..and even when im still single i like to sit on the front row seat ...so that i will not be distracted as the mass progresses..but when i got married it changes ..due to the kids..we usually sat in the last row during the church service...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
yes its best to sit there, it means you are far from being disturbed by the late comers.
@CanadaGal (4304)
Ever since I was in confirmation class in my early teens, I've preferred to sit in the very front row (or the one behind it). It doesn't bother me if I'm on the left or right side of the church. I find it rather amusing how so many people will cram themselves at the back of the church, when instead, they can be comfortable and hear and see better, if they just sit at the front. True, sitting at the front means you're one of the last ones out of the sanctuary, but so what? What's the rush? :)
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its ok for me, theres no denying that it really makes asense to sit infront, i dont care if im one of the last ones to get out,i still saty for a while and chat with church mates and talk and chit chat for a while.
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
Yes, when I will go tot he Mosque I always take a seat in front so that I could listened to the word clearly and the people would not passed for me at anytime because I always want to be focused on it.......
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its nice to sit on the front seats, there no way anyone could disturb you from anything. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day.
@lexus54 (3576)
Yes, I do have my favorite seat at church. I usually sit in the pews right behind the public address system. I am responsible for getting the recording of the sermon done on Sundays, so usually I have to sit right behind the PA guys to ensure that the recording is properly done by the PA crew.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Ah ok thats a unique responsibility you got there my friend. Thank you for sharing and have anice day.
yep. The chapel is divided into left and right pews and outer left and right pews. When I arrive early, I would sit near the lectern or altar. When it's hot during summer, I would sit under the ceiling fan or near the corner fan. When I'm late, I try to squeeze in & sit in the last pew. :) Have a nice day too! ;)
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thats ok , of course we would want to sit in places or areas where we are much comfortable.
@Browisn (782)
Hi Zelmarq, What is this position you sit in? I am not familiar with a projector being used at church. I do have a particular seat in a pew near the back that I usually sit in. Happy MyLotting...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its the front left side of our church the very first seat, i have another seatmate who sits on the right side of it and its always been our favorites since then, no one sits there other than us.
@Browisn (782)
OK. But you didn't answer my question. I have never heard of a projector in a church during Mass and I wanted to know what that was all about. Thanks. Happy MyLotting...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
im sorry, its something where lyrics for songs are placed and projected so that people can see, most ften its projected on a white cloth place on the wall of churches.
All of my life my family and I have sat in pew # 13 on the right hand side of the church. Eventually my father and my sister moved on to different cities, but I'm still in my hometown, and now my husband and I sit in that pew when we go to church.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
My place is the first pew on both sides if im incharge of the projector im on the first pew on the left side; if im one of the back ups im on the first pew on the right side. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day and take care!
@Lakota12 (42684)
DOnt go to church as mine is out doors I do have my seat out there so I can watch all of nature
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Ah ok my friend, thats unique, i respect your views. have a nice day and take care!
Our churches get very crowded on Sundays so I like to sit a couple or seats from the back. I like to be able to leave the church first so that I won't get squashed in the crowd. Also, if the church gets too warm and stuffy in the summer weather, I like to be able to leave discreetly.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Well, i dont like so many people when in church, that was before when i was still catholic, but now that I have another church, i like it here coz theres personal touch and its not so crowded as before.
@stephcjh (32327)
I used to go to church when I was younger. We always sat in the middle rows. I used to sit in the third row from the back. That was my favorite for some reason.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Can you share with us your personal reason? Have a nice day and take care!!!
@goldeneagle (6775)
I have noticed in churches that people usually sit in the same place week after week. It is almost like they have assigned seating arrangements. I have often wondered why this is the case. Perhaps people are territorial even in church? Our family usually sits in the same seats every Sunday. It is strange, but funny at the same time...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thtas a nice term you have there my friend, dogs are terretorial how much more us people, we tend to have this area where we feel comfortable and its really important to have that when we are in church.
I have a usual seat in choir, but when we leave the platform I just sit where ever my husband has chosen. In choir I am on the middle row. I usually am second or third from the end.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Wow, thats really nice, you are the first one to reply sitting on the choir, i used to sit there too when I was still a catholic, now that im a born again christian im still a memeber of the music team but assigned for projector only and also have my turn for emceeing. Thank you and have a nice day!
@kellys3ps (3726)
I do have a favorite seat at church. I always sit in the second or third row on the left hand side.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
When people notice that its our seat theres a tendency for them not to sit there also so it makes it more convenien for all of us.
@aseretdd (13736)
I don't really have a particular favorite seat at Church because it mainly depend on the time i arrive... when i get there early... i make it a point to sit in front so that i can see and understand the priest better... but if i am a little late... i prefer to just stand up as long as i have a better view of the altar... tha way... i can concentrate more...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I agree with you, when you ae infront theres no distractions whatso ever and there you cant turn your head from one point to the other and its much easier to concentrate. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@patzel88 (3311)
yes every sunday my family and i use to go to the chair that we use to seat. but when someone are being seated we have to find another seat by definitely at the back of the hair that we use to seat.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its really nice to go early to church so that we can get the best seats or sit on our favorite seats.
@KrauseHome (35529)
Yes, my husband and I do have our favorite seats we like to sit at in church. We usually end up getting their early enough to have no problem in getting them as well. It is in the 3rd row on the right handed side chairs 1 and 2. It just seems that no matter how often we attend, this is where we prefer to sit, and most people now know this too, so usually will save it just for us as well.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
When I go to other churches I have noticed that people also have their own place like its automatic for them to take that seat and others seem to respect their preference for not taking their seat.