The 65-mpg car from Ford WON'T be sold in United States.

@ersmommy1 (12600)
sporty subcompact gets 65 miles to the gallon, but Ford won't release it in the U.S. The main reason: The Fiesta ECOnetic runs on diesel. Diesel vehicles now hitting the market with pollution-fighting technology are as clean or cleaner than gasoline and at least 30% more fuel-efficient. If othe countries like Japan can sell their clean diesel fuel cars why can't they? Makes no sense to me. http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/105735/The-65-mpg-Ford-the-U.S.-Can%27t-Have
@lilybug (21148)
Well of course we could not have a car that is really fuel efficient here in the US. That makes too much sense. The fact that is runs on diesel should not make a difference. Lots of vehicles in the US already run on diesel.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I think someone is making money somewhere to keep it from being sold here.
My Dad's betting on Oil companies, since energy efficiency equals us buying less fuel..
Ah, well, there will continue to be mounting pressure for fuel efficient cars. Things may change in just a little while.
@xParanoiax (6999)
Part of why I'm refusing to even attempt to buy a car, ignoring the fact I can't afford anything more than a bike or a scooter anyway. They REFUSE to sell anything that gets 60 MPG and up, and in this day and age when costs mean everything 60 MPG is really the minimum efficiency american cars should have. But nooooo. You'd think by now they'd learn that there's no profit anymore in holding back progress!
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I think that is what we would need something that gets 65 miles to the gallon. Maybe it is the price that is stopping them from releasing it to the U.S. Maybe they will release it soon here. I figure it would sell faster and more if it did get 65 miles to a gallon..I know I would be way more willing to purchase a car like that them one that only gets 28 miles to a gallon, and may or may not have clean fuel.
@1grnthmb (2063)
That a shame that they are not producing it here. I know the price of diesel is much higher then gasoline now but that should not stop it from being sold here. And by reading the article it sounds like they could sell it here because it's cost is very similar to the prius. Now if only they used that engine in conjunction with a hybred it would get 100 mpg