When you butter a cracker which side do you butter?

@whywiki (6070)
Yesterday I packed a picnic lunch and off we went to parts unknown. I had put butter and Vegemite on some arrowroot cookies for hubby. I know butter and Vegemite sounds disgusting but he likes it. He says to me that I am the only person he knows that butters the non smooth side. I always butter things face side up. Id it has writing or dips I butter that side. This got me to thinking, am I the strange one? Which side do you butter?
@flowerchilde (12520)
Well, it's better than buttering both sides! Which reminds me of an old saying... about buttering both sides of your bread... hmmmm, wonder just what they meant by that.. I have an inkling.. actually it's a good way of saying it, how else would you say it?
@whywiki (6070)
I love old sayings and find the older I get the more these sayings ring true.
Yes... just like "ring true".. how right on... that things "ring true" like a pure sounding bell... I agree, the old sayings are so very often, right on!