Why people like grand children more than children?

@sivanj (1263)
You would have noticed or can notice that any person is more close to their grand children than to their own children. Thay can be a bit harsh to their own children but they play and spend happy moments with the grand children. Why is this difference?
@aseretdd (13736)
I think the main reason for that is because when parents were younger... they tend to be in a lot of stress from working to put food on the table and the education of their children... so this stress tend to make cranky when they are with their children... But when they are already old and retired... they have less stress and pressures in life... so they tend to seem to love their grandchildren more... but i think the love for the children and grandchildren are only equal...
@chabawel (330)
Grandparents realize what they missed as being parents. Grandparents don't have to be the one disciplining their grandchildren. Their role is to pamper,spoil and love their grandchildren.
i think because they have regrets the way they treat and race their children. so they just do the things they should have done to their children before to their grandchildren now.
@singout (980)
I have written 2 short poems on this very subject. Would you like me to include them as a comment?
@marisriel (1157)
I think that does not mean necessarily harsh to the children. Grandparents usually seem to be more affectionate to their grand children than their children only because they do not have the authority to be "harsh" on them. Being harsh, I think you mean, the disciplining part, is the responsibility of the parents. That is why grandparents are the one who likes to spoil the kids. They think that they are already done on the nagging and reminding part of their lives and since life is already short, they just choose to spend happy times on kids already. Well, that's my opinion