Reproductive health bill

@nik00lai (195)
Can any of you guys explain to me what the reproductive health bill really has to offer? Is it true that when it becomes a law, you will only be allowed to have two children? I don't really have the idea of this one. Please tell me.
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
this will regulates the mass production of babies in our country. we suffer poverty here because of unregulated number of our child, even DOH conduct family planning or other means of contraception but still more families have more children. Better if the bill will be approve so that we have a healthy life and poverty will be minimize.
@nik00lai (195)
Although I'm planning to have only two children, I already have one and planning to have another one in a year or two, I don't agree with the government giving you a restriction on how many children you should have. I think it would be much better if you educate every parent or would be parents with the consequences of have less or more children. The only thing is that, you have to provide for your children, otherwise you would be considered, shall I call it, "criminal." You are denying the basic rights of your children. Especially the right to education. I think that would be the time the government comes in. And not, them telling you to have only two children. I came from the place where the main proponent of the bill came from, but I don't agree with him.
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
Japan, China and some other countries already use similar bill. Poor people are hard to educate, our education here is poor also.
The reproductive health bill is about providing information and access to natural and modern family planning methods. It gives people the power to choose which family planning method would fit their lifestyle. I don't think there's anything there about limiting children. I might have missed it but here are two links you can read to help you better understand the bill: http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/talkofthetown/view/20080803-152296/Reproductive-health-bill-Facts-fallacies http://dirp3.pids.gov.ph/population/documents/HB4110.pdf Hope these help.
@nik00lai (195)
I think, I'm gonna visit that site. Thanks a lot.
Well they have explained it already. I just want to give out my opinion about this. There is nothing to have a child or children if you are able to give their needs and give them their necessities, support their studies and etc. Because there are some families that doesn't care if what will be the outcome, the aftermath of having too many children. It is not wrong to have a big family as long as you are responsible and won't run on your obligations to your family.