Best Response Feature? DONT NEGLECT !

I have seen quite a few posts now, answered some myself, but what I see lacking, is that fact that, many people do not know, or may ignore the best response option. I'll tell you what, my answers are long, descriptive, and correct of course, unless hey are psychology based, yet not just mine, but no one's answer was chosen the best one. Now this just reduces the inspiration to participate and morale and incentive that a user can gain. What reason do you think this happens? How can We make it better?
Yeah , see I thought it was more of a closing thing on the discussion . I will hold out a few days . I have seen old discussions bumped up so you never know . I am new here so I would like to see some of my discussions play out a lil more to see if it can get more responses. It might deterr others away if you just pick someone as best response right away :)
well just starting out I got really excited about people actually posting on something I wrote and I did not quite understand what rating it the best response meant, and I actually hit the minus thing on mistake . I still feel horrible about that.. hehe thanks for the friendly advice, can 't wait to see more of you here !!!
@jnk3dfx (721)
You may be wrong incase of me. And You havent recieved any best response because you never responded to my discussion. Not only mine I think your friends list is also a small. Why I am telling these because I always close my discussions by selecting proper Best Responses to My discusions. I will close discussions when it will not get any responses for week or more. I suggest you to increase your friends list, and start responding to thier discussions. As because usually friends will give more best responses than others. Also you too give best responses for others who responded to your discussion and there is another option to give positive points to those responses which are good responses but you have not selected them as best one. Hope I made some sense Here.
@jnk3dfx (721)
Look, dont take giving Best response as a work. It more than that, not only you will close the discussions, But also its is Just Like Giving Respect to those who responded to your discussion. THey have spent thier quality time in responding to your discussions. Its your responsibility to give best response and make them feel good about you. Also do not forget to mark Positive points to all those responses which deserve best response or a good response but you can give only one best response. So keep a habbit of giving Positive points too.
@lingli_78 (12844)
i try my best not to forget the best response feature here and choose the best response for my discussions... i myself had received few best responses so far and i am really happy... so i know how it feels to receive one... thanks for reminding me again... take care and have a nice day...
@subha12 (18453)
i think you are not here for long. i ma telling this based on your post numbers. so its not always right. may be the discussions you browsed are current ones. the user may choose it later point of time.
abhinavmishra hi I am guilty as charged but my real life'is so screwed up I havent had time to my unresolved things but will get something done maybe today. thanks for reminding me.
@rangics (1335)
A certain mylot user should decide sooner or later his/her best response in a discussion he've made. Some my lotters really take time to read all responses in a post so that they can choose the best response in their discussion made. For me, I do take my time to choose my BR in the discussions I've made. ;)
@Barb42 (4216)
Many people wait a few weeks, especially if they don't get many responses, to choose the best response. I think the wrong thing to do is to rush to give the best response. I have seen a discussion pop up during the day, and by the time I get there to respond, they have already chosen the best response. Some of those may have only 3 or 4 responses. To me, that is defeating the purpose. I usually go ahead and leave a comment since the discussion interested me, but they need to wait at least a few days.
@paid2write (5202)
I have received several best responses months after I took part in those discussions. There is no time limit for resolving discussions, it can be done days, weeks or months after the discussion was started. I always wait several weeks before marking a best response, because some of my discussions keep on getting new responses, and I want to wait until more people have had the chance to join in before I award the best response. I also responded to a discussion that was a year old, and it already had 350 responses on it. I had not noticed that best response had not been awarded, until I received a notification email telling me my response had been chosen!