Another school shooting in Finland

@worldwise1 (14887)
There was sad news this morning about another school shooting in Finland. The shooting is thought to be a copy-cat incident to the one that occurred in that country last year. I don't know why there are so many angry young people all over the world, but it needs to stop. The alleged shooter also shot himself and was then taken into custody. Maybe it's because I come from a different time when kids took out their frustrations with an old-fashioned fist fight. You never heard of a student coming to school armed with a weapon determined to take out as many people as he could. What are your views on this continuing trend?
@wolfie34 (26793)
This is indeed very very worrying my friend and it's becoming more and more frequent, I am ashamed to say that it doesn't surprise me any more, once it was horrific but now you hear of this happening so many times that you sort of expect it which is a sad recognition of society turning into a bloodbath, where is all this anger coming from and what is being done to curb it? Do we blame television and the violence in films? Who do we blame, someone has to take responsibility, this hasn't happened over night and yet what are we doing to stop it, if indeed we can?
@worldwise1 (14887)
The problem, wolfie, is that there are not enough people who care. In today's society if something does not directly affect people they tend to shrug it off. They rarely think about these horrors until they touch them personally. I can't blame TV or movies or video games for all the violence. It begins in the home! These kids have not been taught regarding the consequences of violent behavior.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Very true my friend, but don't you also think that responsibility is also a key issue here, people just don't take responsibility and blame others for when things go wrong, no one wants to take responsibility any more it's always someone else. People blame shift. No one wants to really get to the heart of the problem do they for fear of offending. It's a sad, precarious world we live in. Here in the UK we have the knife culture going on, and the government as usual are running around like headless chickens not knowing how to stop it!
@carmelanirel (20979)
Well that could be it, even when they carried a pocketknife, they didn't use it to cut anyone, they took their frustrations out with their fists..Then again not everyone, what about the kids that were physically weaker? How did they cope? But to sum it up, I believe truthfully it is because they took G-d out, He isn't there, so evil prevails except there are some remnants that pray over the schools, but unless those in charge allow that His presence and protection, He can't do too much..
I yes, that is one of the major factors in parents homeschooling..I would but I need to get a job, (ironically it is at the local school that I have some of my applications), or if we could afford it, a private school would be good also..