How Many Years Apart are your Kids

@glords (2615)
I posted earlier about having my second baby. The responses seemed to have mixed feelings on how far apart your children should be. What do you think is the perfect age separation?
@sunshine4 (8709)
I don't think that there is any perfect age seperation. It all depends on the famiy. I have 4 children. The first two are 3 yrs apart (almost to the day), the next one is 2 yrs younger and then my last one is 6 yrs younger. I wouldn't say to wait and have your kids all 6 yrs apart. She was a blessing~ I was told that I couldn't have any more children. Anyways, I think the range between my first 3 is good for my family. There are times now that the boys are all working and if my husband and I want to go out, we have to find a sitter for my 8 yr old daughter.
@glords (2615)
That is really a nice story. Thank you for sharing
@ayenacsi (911)
As long as it's more than a year apart should be good enough. The body still has to recover from what you have gone through in childbirth. And there should be enough years apart so it wouldn't be hard for you to take care of two little ones at once. Imagine giving birth while you still have a year old baby. It's really hard. One is already a handful. I salute all mothers who have no trouble raising kids all at the same time. All my kids are three years apart. Which for me is good enough, I have spent enough time spoiling them as babies and when a new baby comes, they won't feel left out or jealous.
@glords (2615)
One is defiantly a handful, two is two handfuls, and three... well there just aren't enough hands for that!
@Barb42 (4216)
My two were 32 months apart. That makes them 3 years difference in school years. They were boy and girl. They enjoy one another now, but back then, our son was the one who wanted all the attention and our daughter was one who could tend to herself and get along without anyone. Her first 2 children are 15 months apart. They were boy and girl,and they have always got along fabulously! Her next one was born almost 4 years after the 2nd one, then his brother followed 25 mos later. They are the pills in the family. They stay after one another constantly. I guess it's the boys. So I have no idea what the ideal time would be. I was born 32 months after my older brother and our other brother is almost 5 years younger than me. I've gotten along much better with the younger one than I have with the older one, since he wants to be the controlling one and I don't go for that!
@glords (2615)
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Mine are almost exactly four years apart. To me that worked out great. When my oldest was getting just about ready for school, my youngest was ready to potty train.
@glords (2615)
That does sound nice. Four years gives you some time to recover from baby number one.
Our kids are 2 years apart except for our 4th, he is 4 years apart. I have found that the 2 years is a good seperation. As they grow up they still have quite a bit in common so they enjoy each others company. Of coarse depending on how many children you want the older can begin watching the younger as they get in their teens. 2 years works well with too.
@glords (2615)
2 years has been our plan as well. I appreciate your comments.
Well, I don't have children, but my sister and I are exactly two years and one month apart. I think that is a pretty good age difference, although there was of course some sibling rivalry that did occur because we were close in age. I have an older sister. I'm glad we are close in age though, because we have a lot in common, and even when we fought, we still could talk about things that mattered to both of us because of our age.