Who are good secret keepers - guys or gals?

@rajeshfgh (1627)
Hi friends, I was just wondering if who among the sexes is able to keep a secret to himself/herself? According to me, I think it the guys who can keep a secret to themselves more reliably rather than girls. Girls usually have a tendency to gossip around and sometimes mistakenly also blurt out the secret. Guys on the other hand don't speak that much and so the secret is much safer with guys. What is your take on this one?
@Barb42 (4218)
I've always thought, that once you tell a secret to anyone, be it a man or woman, it is no longer a secret. That's why I would never tell a real secret to anyone. People have a tendency to forget and blurt out things they should never tell. I can keep a secret that I've been told, and do know a few and I would never tell them. But I had rather not be told something and then told not to tell it - 'it's just for you'. Someone told me that the other night. I wouldn't have talked about the situation anyway, but I had rather just not have been told. I just believe it's best not to trust anyone with a 'secret'. That way you never have to worry about it being told.
@samijo719 (1054)
I think gender really isn't an issue. I think anyone who is a good/close friend you trust would keep a secret. Yes, girls gossip but guys can be just guilty. So, I usually tell the person I trust the most regardless of gender. I have close friends who male and who are female and I think I usually tend to tell who I have the closest bond with and whom I know my trust won't be broken with.
I think guys are just as big of gossipers as the ladies are. They talk about each other and their lives just like women do so it's hard to say who can keep a secret better. My brother and his friends gossip so I wouldn't dare tell them any of my business. I guess it all depends on who you trust with your secret.
• Lubbock, Texas
I think it depends on the subject. Guys don't tend to remember "trivial" things, so if it's not something that is foremost in their minds they will never tell. Girls, on the other hand remember everything and many have a tendency to tell everything they know about everybody they know. I think you'd better know a friend very well before you tell them a secret, because you never know if a secret is safe just because your friend is of a certain gender.