Do you like to sleep in the soft or hard bed?

Guangzhou, China
Some people think that sleeping in a hard bed, such as the wood will be better for your spine and it's healthier. However, I still like to sleep in a soft bed. Comfortable feeing is still the most important for me now. How about you?
@patzel88 (3311)
mostly i use to sleep in a hard surface. i can sleep well and will not make me sweat. i am not comfortable every time i do the passing time to the bed of my son.
Thanks for your reply.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Of course its nice to sleep on a soft surface, its comfortable and suitable for sleeping. have nice day and take care!!!
@izathewzia (5142)
I am used of sleeping at the floor- no bed at all. Because i grew up in poverty. I only started sleeping on soft bed when I finally working and earning a good sum of money. If I will be given a choice, i will definitely like to sleep in soft bed than on the floor.
Usually people like you will have a success
@xParanoiax (6999)
It depends on the month, for me. Sometimes my soft bed aggravates me. So I sleep on the floor, the couch, or go camp outside. Other times, a comfortable bed is really soothing and craved by me. I listen to what my body tells me it wants and haven't had any problems so far.
It's interesting to learn that it has a relationship of the month
@ahgong (10066)
Everyone has his or her own preferences. That is where a couple that is setting up home has the most headache when it comes to buying beds. Most of the time, the guy would prefer a firmer bed. The girl a more plush one. Then comes the many varieties in the market. And then the different firmness to satisfy each person's needs. Then the compromise to get the in-between so that both also will get something out of what they prefer. I personally like a firmer bed. But not firm to the point of being hard like sleeping on a wooden board or the floor. Too plush and soft and I will end up with aches that will last for days!
I hope your wife and you have the same preference
@ahgong (10066)
Well, we managed to compromised like most couples do. How about you? Does your spouse have a different preference for the firmness of the bed from you? Did you get a seperate bed each? Or you compromised like us to get one that is in between?
My husband doesn't have any requirements for the bed. So I can decide it by myself
@bombshell (11266)
my husband love to sleep in hard bed since he has back problem and he is too heavy for soft bed and uncomfortable for him so i dont have choice if i like soft bed.
You are very considerate.
@bombshell (11266)
thanks.
@aseretdd (13736)
I also believe that... sleeping in a not so soft bed is indeed good for the spine... since i grew up sleeping in such a bed... not too soft... and not to hard... but now... i really need a new and bigger bed... since i share a single size one with my daughter... she is getting bigger... and needs more space to move around... When i get the money... i will surely buy a bet with a not so soft mattress... because i know that will be good for her back...
You are very considerate. It's lucky for your daughter to have such a great mom
@aseretdd (13736)
Thanks for the best response mark...
@dinona (198)
I like to sleep in the soft bed as I can sleep comfortably at night. Yes,comfortable feeling is the most important thing because I do not want ending up with back pain the next morning. I used to sleep in soft bed so I cannot sleep in hard bed. Some people used to sleep in a hard bed so they cannot sleep in a soft bed.
I also like soft bed much more.
I agree! Definitely. I don't like sleeping on a hard mattress. It doesn't help my back. In fact, it makes my back hurt cause I sleep on my side and not my back. If I were a back sleeper, maybe the harder mattress would work.
Lately I had massage for my back and shoulder and I feel better.
i will prefer to sleep in a soft bed as it is very comfortable .
It's no doubt it will be much more comfortable.
I'd like to sleep in a firm bed, just between the soft and the hard bed. It's good for the back and the spine. I'm more comfortable with the firm bed. With soft bed, I don't know but I might end up being a potato couch by too much softness it brings and tehrefore it will hurt my neck and back. :)
I agree with you.
Well, it should be somewhere in between --- neither soft nor hard. :) That's comfortable for me. Cheers and happy mylotting
Have a good day!
@makingpots (11922)
I like the new mattresses with pillow tops. I prefer a firm bed with a pillow top cushioning. You have to buy all new sheet sets when you make the switch to these new beds. But it is worth the extra expense.
Thanks for your response.
well, i prefer sleeping on a hard surface, which is on the floor with a sheet of mat. i also don't like using pillows. and, yes, i believe that sleeping on hard surface is good for our spine and body structure in general. i found when i sleep on a soft bed or spring bed, i feel my whole body stiff and achy. it's because when i sleep on the soft surface, my spine and whole body doesn't stay straight.
I bet your spine is very healthy
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
I live on an orthopedic mattress because of health reasons. Therefore my bed is hard however I am accustomed to it. I do have pleasant nights. It was hard to get accustomed to at first.
You will feel alright as long as you get used to it.
I will prefer to sleep on soft bed rather then hard bad. For Spine support I will do Yoga Excercise
Many people choose to have the soft bed, what a surprise
@mialei23 (2386)
I like soft bed, I have scoliosis so my doctor recommend me to sleep in a soft bed to be more comfortable...Have a good night sleep and keep on posting my friend.
I think scoliosis is only a little problem.
@Bobbysox (224)
Got to be a softer bed for me here,im not into the orthopaedic beds one little bit lol they are like sleeping on a rock,maybe ok for Fred and Wilma Flintstone,but leave me out of the equation!I love my present bed,it has just moulded into our shapes lol and there are saggy bits in the mattress where there are meant to be saggy bits,its moulded to me,so comfortable.I will leave the hard beds to the bad back sufferers lol
That's good that you find your ideal bed
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi youless, I love comfort but I used to sleep in a hard bed when I was in High School and first two years of College, My Sister and I rented an apartment that time and we have no soft bed and we were able to manage it..LOL! It was painful for our back at first but in the long run, we were able to get used to it...LOL![/i]
Oh, you reminded me of my college life
@dloveli (4369)
I would love to sleep in a soft bed. However if its not a little firm I will wake up with a back ache. My dream bed would be something that swallowed me up when I layed in it. I hate a hard bed. Its like sleeping on cement. I think my bed is the best right now. I have a serta sleeper. It wasnt all that. I had an extra futon mattress the exact same size as my bed. I put that on and now I cant let anyone sit on my bed. If I do, they fall asleep. LOL dl
Perhaps sleeping on the cement is a very healthy way, but somewhat we prefer to have a comfortable feeling at first.