How to get back in to software develpment

My friends ask me this question : I was working as a software developer. For sometime now i am not in touch with with development because of my new role. i am doing this job from last three yers. and its not my cup of tea. i want to be a developer. problem is how i will put myself in resume for developer job ? will new certification in J2EE or database will help me
Hey! are you sure you want to be a software developer? Anyway, since your proficient with J2EE, java... ur'll get a job with a snap of your fingers. j2ee are in high demand. Anyway, to divert, i'm working as a software developer too, working with mumps language building data warehousing software, I'm dying to get out! haha
Ya J2EE is hot but he need to brush up over and over again to be confident
I believe programming is all about logics, he'll probably need to brush up his syntax knowledge, serious, he can go for jobs even right now
@ishralene09 (2260)
Uhm...try to make a connection with what you're doing right now to software development. If you still have the knowledge by a developer then you can surely make it through. Problem is, if you can't make an association with what you're doing right now to software development then you might need to start off with an entry-level job. Certifications are just pearls you put into the resume, most companies consider your experience if you apply for another job. In my opinion, additional certification will help but unless you show them that you are a pure blooded developer, they won't bite in. Like you say, it's not your cup of tea so I assume that you are really in touch with your developer side and have a fair chance to be accepted with a developer role. Good luck and have a nice day... That will be my answer to your friend's question. Have a nice day.
ya i think all that matter is his confident to do the job