ER Department Waiting Room Overlooks Corpse

Double Amputee Brian Sinclair died while waiting 34 hours for care in a Winnipeg, Canada E.R. waiting room. He was left unchecked even though other patients expressed concern about him. The staff claimed they were simply "too busy" to check the very still man's condition. * This case is being investigated by authorities, for fear there is a culture of 'neglect' among the hospital staff. That is a clear no brainer.
@bellaofchaos (11549)
I don't care how busy you are when you have a patient that has been waiting that long you check them especially if they are very still. There is an issue more and more of neglect among patients that kinda makes me wary of hospitals. grrrr. I wish people would get their heads out of their butts.
The hospital wasn't even busy on this day. That's what fries my eggs.
I must agree. I used to work in the hospital and there is no reason that a person should be overlooked like that if the hospital staff is doing what it's supposed to do. That is absolutely ridiculous. They are totally negligent in this case. The mans family should definitely be compensated.
Amen to that. I feel sorry for the other patients in that ER trying to get the man some attention. They knew something was wrong unlike the clueless staff.
If I was a patient in the ER I would leave and go to another hospital. If that is any indication of how they treat people, I'd take my chances somewhere else.
This reminds me of the case not too long ago where a rather large woman was just sprawled out on the floor of the ER waiting room. You couldn't miss her no matter what anyone might say. They showed the footage on the news, did you see that? I'm not sure where it took place. Other patients waiting went over and tried to get her help, but no one would go over.
I don't watch news on TV, but I believe it.
@ElicBxn (60894)
WOW. I hope heads roll over that one!
Gonna look like a bowling ally I bet. The hospital's reputation is at risk of dying along with this patient.