How do I cook raw shrimp?

@seabeauty (1480)
I have a bag of raw shrimp but it doesn't say anything about cooking it. It is the shrimp you use for shrimp cocktail, they are large. The directions say thaw it out but that is it and gives you a recipe for the cocktail sauce. Do I boil them, fry them or bake them? For how long?
You can cook shrimp any way you want. Boil it with or without seafood seasoning, bread and fry it, cut it up for various chinese dishes. You don't say if they're still in the shell. If they are, you have to take off the shells before you do anything else with them.
@seabeauty (1480)
Thanks for your reply. How long do I need to boil the shrimp for? Do I just wait till I see a nice red orange color to know that it is done?
A couple of minutes should do it. If you're not sure they're done, cut one in half. If the inside is cooked, you're good to go. I love shrimp, but they're so expensive that it's a long time since I've had any.
@seabeauty (1480)
ok cool, thanks :)
@ms1323 (259)
My favorite way to cook shrimp is to melt a lot of butter in a saucepan, add some garlic and let that blend together over really low heat for a while. Then turn up the heat to medium, add the peeled shrimp and salt & pepper. They turn from clear to pink quickly. When they are pink, they are done. At that point I add fresh lemon juice and serve it in the butter, garlic sauce. We eat it like that as an appetizer, but you could put it with pasta too. Yum! My kids beg me to make it.
@seabeauty (1480)
Awesome! Thanks for the recipe :) i will try that.