hives on my hand and arm

A few minutes ago, my hand started to itch a bit, nothing odd about that,except now from my knuckles to my forearm is now covered in hives!! I dont seem to have been bitten, i have not used any different handwash handcream or detergent. It's really odd. Does your body do weird stuff like that every so often? what does it do?
omg... i am sorry! i had hives once (i think it was when i was pregnant with my second) and it was the suckiest thing in the world! i could not stop itching, which then made the hives worse, which caused me to itch more, etc. it was a vicious cycle! the doctor told me to take a bath with aveeno oatmeal bath (they sell a box of, like, 4 or 6 packets at walmart). i don't really remember if it helped or not. just try not to itch. i know it's impossible! sometimes when i see a bug in my house (i HATE bugs) i get all itchy-feeling, and then i can't stop itching, and then i get so nervous that i am going to break out into hives again. i really don't know what even caused it the one time i had it. strange. good luck! :)
thanks! I have had hives 4 times now, the first 3 cos i was allergic to lycra!
@underdogtoo (9599)
It might be viral which would make it simple but difficult. I would suggest going to a doctor because viruses sometimes just become dormant and suddenly wake up and do crazy things to us.
@mands61123 (2098)
yes my body does all kinds of strange things i've developed a weird rash on my leg but it'll probably go i often just put it down to my medication
The last time I had hives on my arms and hands was when I was picking tomatoes from the scratchy plants. I had to go to the doctor and get some medicine for it. I thought I was allergic to something else. Anyway, I took some benedryl and it cleared it up. Now, whenever I work in plants and flowers and such, I make sure I was my arms and hands off real well.