Christmas should we ban it or get back to the true meaning of Christmas....

@scorpio19 (1363)
what does Christmas mean to you ? For me it's a lot of hassle, stress and expense running about getting everything ready shopping til I drop, wrapping present, then trying to find a suitable place to hide them from prying little eyes and then it's the food shop, what a fight that one is the supermarket is packed so they are queuing from one end of the store right the way to the back at the checkout, it's a nightmare and every year I say after I've done it "next year will be different" but no I join in again the following Christmas then I can't sleep Christmas eve for worrying "have I got everything".. Should it be banned for a year or two until we learn the true value of Christmas and get back to basics instead of the commercial Christmases we have now.
hi scorpio! i dont think we need to ban christmas. we can start the true meaning of christmas with ourselves. christmas is the time for giving so everyone is really busy buying and wrapping gifts. but we can do that ahead of time like one month advance. christmas is also the time to commemorate and celebrate Jesus' birth thats why we prepare foods, just like having a birthday party. and of course, we need to pray and go to the church. we do that. and we never get tired doing that.
@scorpio19 (1363)
Hi red_amethst That's very true it should begin with ones self but I find I get caught up with the comercial side of Christmas rather than the true meaning which is a real shame.
maybe you should concentrate and focus yourself that you will do it this christmas