Attacked by a rubbish bag monster!

@gemini_rose (16193)
Well, not strictly true but I honestly thought it was. I had some black bags outside with the rubbish in and I knew one of them still had room in for a bit more rubbish. I went outside, my daughter was with me, and I opened up the bag to put this rubbish in and the next minute something leaped out of the bag squealing and charging, both myself and my daughter screamed and went running off in opposite directions! After quickly calming my beating heart I had to investigate, and I heard something rustling behind the fence, so I took a look, it was no monster, just a small rat! It seemed huge at the time though, and the noise it made!!! My daughter is only two, but after we looked at each other and absolutely fell about in hysterics. We must have looked a real sight! Have you ever had any scary things in your rubbish? Have you ever thought you have seen a monster or something only for it to turn out to be something else?
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
We get skunks in our garbage around here. It's such a pain because they are constantly ripping apart the trash bags, so we have to rebag the trash before it goes to the curb on fridays. Not to mention that oh so lovely smell they leave behind. Yuck!!
@gemini_rose (16193)
Oh skunks, I have never smelt one, or seen one except on that cartoon!
You're lucky. It's an awful smell. The animal itself looks kinda cute. It looks like a cat with really short legs and it sorta wobbles instead of walks, and it's really fluffy. But that smell is awful, and it's on them all the time. But if they feel threatened they will spray, and the smell is unbearable. We had one spray just outside the house the other day, and we could smell it all through the house. It was so bad it brought tears to my eyes. You literally need a gas mask to breathe around a skunk.
@gemini_rose (16193)
That sound horrible, I have heard that if it gets on your skin then it can be hard to remove!
@winterose (39918)
yes I opened the door to my back gallery and I was so scared I thought I say a big black rat, all it was was my black cat sleeping on a garbage bag.
@quinnkl (1668)
I have never had anything jump out at me or been that close, thank goodness. I would have had a heart attack!!! :-) I have seen raccoons around the garbage bags and bins though.
@lingli_78 (12845)
i will be scared as well if it happens to me... fortunately, it never happens to me and i never been 'attacked' by any creature when i am throwing my rubbish away... i can imagine how scared your 2 years old daughter as well... and i never actually think that i see a monster that turn out to be something else... take care and have a nice day...
Wow that is so funny!! Just shows that anything can pop out of rubbish bags when you least expect it!! I'm glad that both you and your daughter found it funny, most children would probably burst into tears or something!!! I have never found anything in my rubbish as I live in flats so we have a rubbish chute which we use, the worst thing is when it gets blocked or people cant be bothered to take rubbish down and just leave it next to the chute!!
@Munchkin547 (2778)
That must have been a nasty shock, nice that you saw the funny side though! I haven't ever had anything like that in my rubbish bags, but to be honest i hope i never do!! xxx
I can imagine that happening. It's kinda funny but I know it was scary at the time. I would have screamed and went running too. But knowing me I wouldn't have went to look to see what it was at the fence. LOL I do not like rats anyway. I bet you will just use a new bag next time huh? LOL
@gemini_rose (16193)
Yeah I think using a new bag would probably be the best idea!
@zhuuraan (967)
Rofl! I had to read this discussion just because it is so darned hilarious! rofl! Just the title got me interested! That is too funny. I haven't had that happen to me, but recently my stepbrother had something similar happen. He is 13 and he was at my fiance and I's apartment and my mom asked him to take out our trash. Well as he was going to chuck it in the dumpster, a cat came almost literally flying out of the dumpster and over his head, landing on the other side. He was freaked out! I didn't see it but he told us and it was hilarious!
@gemini_rose (16193)
Cats are good for jumping out of places, but they can make a noise too so I would have been scared even more if it had been a cat.
@checapricorn (16066)
h[i]ahahah..I am sure he was so sad that you found him..That is scary but funny after all! lOL! ANyway, I haven't seen anything like that in our garbage, only flies are my enemies there..LOL!I wish I will never saw one! [/i]
@gemini_rose (16193)
He was only sad because I disturbed his lunch, but they can move really fast!
@GemmaR (8526)
Haha I bet you laughed a lot at that! I used to think that my dad's dressing gown was a ghost when it used to hang on the back of his bedroom door, but that was only when I was really small. I think I would still have been scared if a rat had leapt out of my bin bag, no matter how big that rat happened to be!
@gemini_rose (16193)
It was funny! As a child I used to have this fear of a pub that we lived in, it was an old pub and was massive upstairs where we used to live, my bedroom was on the top floor and when I went upstairs at night to go to bed, I would get to the top stair and run hell for leather to my bedroom dive in bed and cover myself up. I dont know why I did, I was just terrified.
A rat? That just sent shivers down my back. I don't like rats! I can't recall anything like that happening to me, but I remember once, when I was probably 6 or 7, a friend of my mom's and dad's was burning the garbage out in his back yard. He started the fire in the big metal container, just as it was getting dark. As the fire started to burn, his wife heard him scream bloody murder. She ran out to see what was going on. He was yelling about all the tarantulas that were in the can. They were flying out of the can, left and right, scattering all over the place. Come to find out, it was the paper that was in the can, charring then flying up into the air. I still laugh at the mental image of that.
@gemini_rose (16193)
That is really funny, thanx for sharing!
gemini rose I have been having a middle of the night prowler coming into our p atio and pulling garbage out of the black plastic bags. It was an old rather plump possum who swore at me then waddled off under the patio fence and was gone.He had woke me up making a sound like a skateboarder. I got up wondering what the heck a skateboarder was doing at three in the morning. lol lol lol. He had pulled a can out of the bag and was trying to get the tuna out of and was rolling it back and forth on the concrete floor of my patio.