Have you ever kept your snacks under lock and key?

When I was growing up mom would mke rice crispy treats or other yummy snacks and cakes and such and she would then put them in the deep freezer and LOCK the freezer!! I had two older brothers (one passed away in a car accident when he was 18 and I was 8) one 8 years older than me and the other 10 years older than me. It seems like all the treats would be gone before I ever got much of them. I was reminded of this when my daughter (18) wolfed down 2/3 of the lemon bars that were made last night leaving 1/3 between mom and me. I think I will have to keep things locked up lol. Of course before I discovered this little fact she was complaining of a stomach ache and I was all sympathetic till I found out why her stomach was hurting.
@Opal26 (17690)
That's an interesting story. My mom didn't lock up our treats, but we didn't dare take them without permission. I guess my brother and I were just scared or well trained! My brother too passed away when he was 32 of a heart attack and he was my only sibling. I used to steal candy from my grandmothers candy dishes that she always left out at night when I thought my grandparents were sleeping. But my grandfather would usually hear me and yell at me to get out of the candy dishes! I thought I was being so quiet! But m&m's are kind of noisy in glass dishes no matter how quiet you are!
That's funny about the m & m's. I think it was a matter of my brother's and dad and granddad eating like a herd of locust that made mom lock up the treats. lol
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I am to the point of thinking about that now. We cannot have any snacks in the house, or they just come up missing. I guess I should expect that with teenagers in the house, but they should be able to use common sense.
@blackbriar (9080)
Yeah...the strawberries and now Mac 'n' Cheese. They never make it in this house overnight. My daughter will eat all the strawberries in one sitting and I won't realize it till next morning when I'm looking for them to put on my cereal. Ever since I taught her how to make the box mac 'n' cheese, she makes it at every opportunity and won't even ask me first. Most times I have dinner on the stove/in micro when she does this. Pisses me off to no end because on the nights I don't feel like really cooking, I like to make it.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never locked them up, but I have hidden snacks from my son before. I would get into the habit of sneaking treats and then eating way too much because he was sneaking them and trying to finish it off before I noticed.
@underdogtoo (9599)
Well, I keep my snacks locked up so that the ants don't get at them. They are always on the prowl for food and if you leave the can ajar you can be sure that they will bring their friends over for a party. Cheers!!
lol...when my brother-in-laws lived with us my husband and I had to keep our snacks in our room. Those boys could seriously EAT and if it was there, they would eat it! The funny part was, it was things that they wouldn't normally eat like diet sodas or granola bars and things like that. It was so funny.