how do you choose the best response for your discussion?

before a discussion is taken off the unresolved list, you have to choose which among the responses is the best. so how do you decide which one is the best? is it the one with the longest answer? or the one that agrees with your views? or someone who seems knowledgeable about the topic?
@rortiz86 (1697)
1 First, it should be relevant to the discussion. Second, it should be the best among the best answer hence "best response". 2 Longest answer? NO, most of those users who does have long answer, just want to increase their earnings, you'll even notice that some of their ideas are just redundant. I prefer those short and concise responses. It's easier to read and always to the point. 3 The one that agree with my idea. No, never. We have different ideas and opinions so it doesn't matter as long as their post makes a lot of sense otherwise your just cheating yourself by "agreeing to yourself". 4 Knowledgeable? Well, yes! absolutely. If their ideas our great, unique and shows some expertize in their own field then I'll accept it right away!
great points....
to be down right honsest with you I dont think I have ever made a best answer to any of my discussions. But, normally I look for someone who seems to be knowlageable about the topic I started. Or if I am really moody then I look for someone who just agrees with me. I guess it all depends on what type of mood I am in at the time on which person will get the best respones from me.
me too...sometimes, i just browse through them, and pick one....
@GemmaR (8526)
Well it's very simple, I just the response that I believe to be the most interesting, elaborate or relevant to the topic. It varies. But in my experience, you always get at least one really good response to any discussion, and I always choose this as the best response.
that's a good way to go.....i also look for comments/answers that are elaborate and interesting