Step away from my movie

scary - Headshot and of Johnny Depp in huge sunglasses in the new remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with purple jacket
I came across the NEW Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today on TV and although I have been avoiding it with a passion because I absolutely L-oved the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it was perfect to me as a child. Well, today I needed a movie for my kids to watch and thats what was on so I clicked over and what the heck happened here? Its not even the same story if you ask me, they made Willy Wonka so psychopath who hates kids and I know in the original he was stern and yes had a little of an attitude but I only saw it as hey, 'keep your hands off my baby' (his extravagant candy factory). I really have to go back and watch the original now because Im just all confused and wondering if I didn't even interpret it right. I think the scenarios with the kids disappearing was turned up a notch where I didn't even feel comfortable letting my kids watch it with Willy Wonka's malicious comments and thoughts where the movie panned into his thoughts of a brutal childhood, you'd think he was a serial killer or something. I have 2 and 3 year old and I didnt think it was appropriate and the original is, am I getting old or something? I wonder if the people who made the movie even watched the original the spin was so crazy and what about the UMPA LOOMPA people, they are so cool and the new ones sucked. Whats up with the accent they gave Willy Wonka anyway he sounds retarded. I think he should of had a more serious tone like Gene Wilder in the original, he was so perfect for that movie! And what about those glasses he started with in the beginning of the movie for a second I thought it was Andy Warhol not Willy Wonka. Is there movies you grew up with that were remade you wished they had just left alone? It kind of bothers me when producers take original classic movies and make huge changes to the storyline.
@lilybug (21182)
I hated the remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I was told that the remake Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is more like the book, but it was terrible to me. One of the few Johnny Depp movies I do not like.
yea, my bf is a fan of Johnny Depp so it made me curious to see his reaction to this role but i have no hard feelings of Johnny Depp.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
But the original made huge changes to the storyline, not the new one: it was a book! The book was more dark like the second one really I think.
oh im sorry, i read bits and peices of the book and as a child i do not remember anything, so your probably right. I was just talking about the movies. Did you like that the second movie matched the book more?
@sharay (2778)
Yes...thats true with some of the movies, even in this movie that you were saying about, i was also wondering why the children were behaving that way, their parents and of course willy wonka, the children were treated as if they didnt have life and were just dolls... the director must have defntly taken some extra care when making such kids movie which is goign to have a great impact on them mentally
my kids were saying they were scared of parts of it and I found it strange that the parents seemed concerned but not concerned when their children disappeared the timing of their reactions were all off