Update on my son

@shymurl (2769)
About a week or so I had posted a discussion about my son having surgery because of a cyst in his nasal cavity causing headaches. Well yesterday was his surgery. The surgery alone was over two hours long. Before the surgery he got sick, (on an empty stomach), an hour into the surgery they called and said they had removed the cyst and they were working on correcting his nasal passageways so he could breathe better. He was suppose to be in the recovery room for an hour. they were suppose to come get us when he went into the recovery room. Well after about an hour they never came and got us and nobody was giving us a straight answer. I finally got a nurse to talk to me and tell me that he had been throwing up and they haven't given him anything to drink. they were giving him medicine to stop him from throwing up but it wasn't working that well. they finally got us and we were up in the recovery room for another hour. the doctor said they were going to keep him over night on antibiotics and pain meds. he made it through the night without throwing up and was able to come home today. he is doing much better and so far on the right track to recovery. The next problem is to keep his nose from bleeding really bad. He will be out of school for three weeks. its going to be a long three weeks. Sorry this is so long, but it feels good to talk about it. thank you for listening.
@jonesy123 (3950)
Looks like your son made it through surgery alright. Don't you hate it when one hand in the hospital doesn't know what the other one is doing? Sometimes they forget the people waiting in the waiting room.. Just have to keep bugging them. It's your right as a parent anyway;) As to the vomiting. A lot of people do that after surgery. It's a reaction to the anesthesia. I didn't see your original post, but looks he'll be alright after this. Just try and keep him occupied as best as you can. He should be doing much better after a week.
@shymurl (2769)
thank you for commenting. he is doing much better. I think what threw us off was the last time he had surgery (had his tonsils out) he did great with the anesthesia. but things always change I guess. thank you again.
@lilybug (21182)
Glad to hear that your son is doing well after surgery. I hope you are doing ok with the nose bleeds. Those are never fun especially when his nose is already sore. OUCH!
@kenzie45230 (3563)
Bless your heart. That's horrible that they weren't keeping you more informed. I do hope that the operation will fix his problems. I'm not sure if the 3 weeks will be worse for you or for him.