Does your dog like baths?

@tlb0822 (1412)
I have two very different dogs. Our rottweiler dozer, loves getting baths. Just say the word bath and he is right in the bathroom waiting to get in. Our pit-bull, Thor, absolutley hates baths. You say bath and he finds somewhere to hide. They get baths at least once a month, because they like to roll in mud. hehe. They love to get sprayed with the hose, and they love swimming in the river. So i'm not really sure why thor is so afraid of getting a bath in the house, when he loves getting wet outside. We have a stand up shower that my fiance baths them in. Trust me it is quite amusing at times. lol. So does your dog like baths? Does your dog enjoy being in water? How often do you bath your dog?
I have a little Jack Russell and she loves getting a bath. Last night, one of my girls forgot to let the water out of the tub when she got out and the dog ran into the bathroom and jumped in. It was so funny!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
My German Shepherd HATES baths (and that's to put it mildly lol) She's so huge and that makes it even harder! Once I tried giving her one in the shower because she had to use a special medicated soap for a skin rash she had...just about killed me (literally!) Nothing worse than a wet and fighting to get away dog hahaha. She doesn't even like the rain. I even tried doing it outside with the hose, I think she hates that even more. Now I have to do it in her outside kennel run because she pulls so hard trying to get away. The other dog is a little shitzipoo. That one loves to take a bath, she never gives a problem and actually likes getting shampooed, etc. We do it in the tub because it's just easier. Funny how two dogs can be opposite polar differences in that department. She gets bathed once every two weeks, or sooner if she needs it. You know, those short dogs seem to get dirtier quicker because they're so low to the ground, and that fluffy hangin' hair picks up all the dirt.
@trixyteddy (1072)
Just say the word 'bath' and none of my pet dogs will show their face around. The two german shepherds have learnt to stand. The mother Trixy is easier, with less fur, but her son Teddy has long fur, and I do need a lot of water to bathe him. He keeps barking all through practically. I just keep hugging him, even while bathing him. The two mongrels Maggie and Gypsy, just don't like it. But then, since they are small in size, I find it easier.
@debny711 (264)
My dog doesn't mind the water. He jumps in the pool and he stays out in the rain. I stopped giving him baths myself because he doesn't stay still and he is too heavy to get into the tub. He goes to the groomers every two weeks.
@bumba1988 (1222)
She does not,but it is really required for her................
@Loverbear (4928)
I taught my two Rottweilers to "get in the tub" when they were puppies. It made giving them baths much easier. Both of them loved their baths, as well as getting to swim in the lake. I now have two mini Dachshunds that are super easy to give a bath...I just pick them up and put them in the sink! Of course they weigh 9.5 and 10.5 pounds so it makes life very easy!
I also have 2 dogs, a black lab and a black heeler, both love their baths, summer and winter. I bathe them in the tub/shower, at least once a week. When I need them to shake off, I close the curtain and let them know it is time and they shake off, kinda cute if you ask me.
@seabeauty (1480)
my 9 year old has a yorkshire terrier and he does not like it but he wont fight you if you do give him a bath. He shakes when he is in the tub.
@ajrox1810 (992)
I have a dog, named Lucky, of the breed La Pom. He has a very glossy coat of hair on his skin and we bathe him about once in a week in winters, and twice in a week in summers. He loves to bath in summers, while resists a lot in the winters. It is just as hard to get him into the tub in winters as hard it is to get out of a warm and cozy blanket. He enjoys his bath in summers, and stands still like he is frozen until and unless we stop cleaning him. After the bath is over, he loves to splash water on us as a revenge, or in a playful mood. In summers, he would even bath every day of a week, but we do not let him do so as he might get sick. Due to his big, thick coat of hair, he experiences a lot of heat and therefore looks ahead for a bath to calm his heat. Ironically, on the winter, he resists a lot. It is next to impossible to get him into the tub, and we have to lock the door to prevent his escape. Even though we use quite hot water to bathe him, he resists doing this. I think it is quite natural since we all do this in winters, but it is always fun to bathe him. Cheers! AJ Rox.