The Cat In The Wardrobe

@wolfie34 (26816)
United Kingdom
Relax the cat isn't really in the wardrobe, well his photo is, framed!It's nearly a year since I left my beloved cat Zeus behind and still his framed photo remains hidden in the wardrobe, I still miss him, daft I know and I still can't bear to let him out of the wardrobe! But hey he didn't die, he belonged to my ex but my ex let me name him, I called him Zeus as I have a love for Greek Mythology, his sister I called Hera Well I am sure a few of you remember me talking about him, I treated him like a King, I don't like animals on my bed or sleeping with me but with Zeus I made the exception, my ex had four other cats, but it was Zeus, the ginger and white marked cat that I fell in love with and bonded with! I had a professional photographer come round and take a picture of me with Zeus in my arms and I had the picture framed but in the wardrobe it stays (I have for you added the image to the discussion, I hope you can see it ok, that's me and Zeus in my arms!) So have you got photos which you hide away because you can't bear to look at them because they make you feel blue or bring back bad memories?
@cdparazo (5769)
I keep lots of pictures and recall very fond memories while looking at them. But I am not very sentimental. However, I find those people who go out of their way for their pets and to really love them to be so very soft hearted and mushy.LOL! I am not really fond of pets and kinda admire people who can find it in themselves to love pets who are something that are not human at all.
@wolfie34 (26816)
Sometimes animals are better than humans, that's just my own personal belief, they are far more reliable, lovable, loyal and trusting.
It is so painful to loose an animal , even if they are still alive. As i read this I had to give each one of my furballs an good snuggle. I am sorry to hear Zeus is no longer part of your life. Have you thought about adopting another cat. I know you will never find another quite like him , but sometimes it helps to fill that void you have there. I would display his picture . It might bring memories back or arise questions from other people you may not want to share , yet at the same time there had to be good memories that went along with that hurt you are feeling or you would not have those feelings to begin with . Take your time with it though and do what you must to heal . Good luck and I do hope you feel better soon.. Much
@wolfie34 (26816)
We already have a cat Meg and she's 14 now, bless her, the vet once told us that animals are so loved by us and so well looked after that they don't want to die, our dog lived to be 17! I don't think I could ever have any more animals my friend I get too attached to them and when they die it's awful! They are part of your family and the grief can be just as bad as losing a human!
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hello wolfie34 I have photos of 'him' on my computer in the gallery and have to go past them quickly when I am looking for a picture that I need I have to keep them on there just in case my kids need to see a picture of their father but I feel sick if I catch a glimpse of them! Ewww
@wolfie34 (26816)
I had a shock the other day I took my digicam into Boots to get some digital prints for my friends that I took on my treat in the Summer and I still had a pic of my ex, it was like the same response as you ewww exactly and double ewwwww, I do not want to be reminded of that! Mind you having said that the anniversary is fast approaching.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Well I passed my second year in August and if it is any consolation it does get easier.
@gabs8513 (48717)
I remember the Photo and I do remember how much you loved him All my Pets Photos are out in the open as to me they will always be around even though they have passed on I could never hide them as they where all special to me The way you have to think about it is Sweetie is how much you loved the Cat and how much Love and Joy he gave you It is not Zeus fault what happened, he was there for you and he loved you and he was with you through the bad times as that is how I remember my Pets, they where always there with me and loved me and they never deserted me try to think of it that way Sweetheart Love you and a big Hugs xxx
@wolfie34 (26816)
I managed to add the image it's on the previous page at the bottom, sweetie, I actually got it published in the newspaper too! One thing I fondly remember is that he was always around me when I wasn't well and he knew! Cats are very intelligent as are dogs, they know when you need them the most and Zeus knew he was loved and treated like a king!
@gabs8513 (48717)
TY Sweetie xxxxx
@skbh12 (2950)
[b]hmm. i don't hide photos of my beloved dog and infact i even post them in my study table where i can fully see him. he is a dog named MAXIE, a shihtzu breed and a very cute and adorable pet. first pet i have ever had whom i miss so much. now i don't like talking about dogs for the mean time because it makes me miss him so terribly that i would end up crying. happy posting![/b]
@wolfie34 (26816)
Sorry for your loss, he sounded like a wonderful friend to you!
@hiddenwing (3721)
Good for your cat anyway. I don't get photos that I hide away. If there are really some bad memories, I'd better let it go. All any of us needs is more time!
@wolfie34 (26816)
Thank you my friend, time is a great healer!
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
I hid my dog photo for almost a year until I was ready to fix it in my study. I was almost crying when I was fixing the frame to the wall. However keeping a picture of your pet makes you remember the positive and nice moments you had during your pets life.
@jerzgirl (7989)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I do have a photo with bittersweet memories attached, but at the same time, I enjoy looking at it, even though I'm sad about how things turned out. My favorite cat of all time was taken from me when I was leaving my now ex to prevent my taking him with me when I left. He was taken the day I left and returned the day after. He searched the house high and low for my son and me, but didn't find us. Within a week, he disappeared, never to be seen again. We can only assume he was trying to find us. His photo is in my profile with my son at the age of 2 months. I loved that cat - he was unlike any other cat before or since.