For The Sake Of Someone Else's Discussion...

@myklj999 (20845)
There have been a few times (maybe twice) that I was getting ready to start a discussion, but when I looked at the interest I was going to post under, I noticed a discussion that I thought was actually more important than mine, and decided to post my discussion the next day in hopes that the discussion already posted would get more exposure before being pushed down the list. Now normally I wouldn't care, but every great once in a while I see something that I feel everyone should have a chance to consider without having to hunt for it. So my question: would you decide not to post a discussion to give someone else's a chance to be more noticed?
Probably, why not? Are you thinking about starting one about pedophiles or Islam?
@myklj999 (20845)
I was getting ready to raise some hell in the religion interest when I saw your post.
@myklj999 (20845)
Mine in that subject usually aren't of great earth shattering importance, mainly they're just nit picking on semantics; the discussion you had started is a serious one that deserves to be in the top spot there; I could not in good faith post a trivial discussion that would push it down, because if people look at the discussions from my interests tab it only shows the top one.
Oh, I was just joking, guessing. Feel free to start more topics on either of the above two subjects. I like to copy what someone else said and say "the more the merrier". We all have different writing styles, maybe you could raise awareness from a different point of view. Lol, no need to step aside for me, I'm no Queen...
@Chevee (5915)
I would have to post mines while it is fresh on my mind, because if I wait to long I will forget what I was going to post, I feel it is enough room for all of us. Everyone has different interests, and they still might have a change to get notice.
Half the time, by the time I read all the responses to a discussion and get ready to post, I have already forgotten what I was going to say, anyway.*L*
this is me, If I do not do it right away I will forget!
@walkthetalk (1307)
Well now Michael, that is so nice of you. I'm not that popular here yet. People don't like me so much that they would over look someone else's discussions for mine. You deserve a pat on the back.
*Gasping* Really!? You don't post cuz you are trying to be ........what is that word?... Oh, yeah, nice? Personally, no, I don't even think about those things because my discussions are usually pretty dumb and don't make it to the top of the list, anyway.
I tried to tell him he was nice before. It did not go well..LOL
*L* Ok, thanks. I will be on the look out for his denial.
@fwidman (11515)
I have not run across this problem yet, but, yes, I would wait and see what happened to the other post. And, I would hope that they got lots of replies. I usually don't post that many discussions, so it would not be bothersome to wait and see how someone else fared
@fwidman (11515)
Thanks for the BR
@flowerchilde (12547)
Yes, there are times I will join a discussion already in progress rather than start a discussion like it when it was on my mind.. If I'm very interested in a topic, I sometimes like to surf the "related discussions" links for awhile..
@Opal26 (17690)
Wow! How nice of you your majesty! How also conceited of you too! I guess since every discussion of yours does go into the digest of the day it is nice of you to hold back for a day to give someone else a chance. Since I have never once made the digest it wouldn't matter if I waited or not. And since I only start a discussion once in a blue, no one would even know the difference. You are the king of discussions though and I am only teasing you! You do have the knack I'll give you that! I think you have made the digest more than anyone else on mylot! And quite honestly myklj999 you do deserve it! I bow to you your majesty! You are quite the impressive discussion starter! I wish I could be just like you when I grow up to be a big mylotter too!
@myklj999 (20845)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, and I'll say it proudly; the only thing that makes my discussions any good is the great group of friends I have that answer them. Without you guys my discussions would just lay there, and I try to remind myself of that every chance I get.
@dizzblnd (3073)
I have never really thought about it until now. But that is a very noble thing for someone to do. That will be something I will take into consideration from now on when I post in a less popular topic. With "life" there are sooooo many discussions, I am not sure it would make a difference. Good Idea you mean, rotten, nasty, terrible person
@Munchkin547 (2778)
It's not something i ever really thought about, i don't tend to look at discussions via the interset so i suppose i am out of touch with them! I feel a bit selfish now you've mentioned that though, might have to start being a little more aware of what i am posting at the same time as!! xxx
@hiddenwing (3721)
It is gracious to give someone else a chace. However, I am not competitive anyway. Thus, even if I do that, it won't matter!
No I have never done that. I do not search out the topic before I post a discussion. I post to my friends discussions by the notifications and if there are more than one on the same subject I will respond to them both.
Sure, I don't always have to be big man on campus, if they thought of it first then they get the first fruits.
I am not sure about that.
@riyasam (16571)
thats very noble!!!!!!i dont think i would skip,if someoneelse has posted a similar discussion.i would try to modify my lines..........
@sid556 (31003)
If I saw a discussion very similar to what I wanted to write about, then most definitely, I'd hold off. It just seems that we don't need repeat discussions all at once.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
To Be Honest mine will never make much difference so i never think about whether it might push someone's else's out of the top spot..so NO..
Hi myklj999, Yes I think I will if theirs were more important and more interested, then I will post a few days later. Tamara
@Lee_Rites (845)
I really hadn't thought about it until reading this but after reading this, of course. I believe some things are so thoughtful or thought out that they should be heard by many.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I hope that I'm right in assuming that you mean posting on the same topic, myklj. There have been times when I was diverted from posting because I found something so interesting I just couldn't pass it up. I don't agree, however, that any given topic should be limited to a single poster. People have different slants on the same topic all the time. If I come across a topic that I have also posted a discussion on I usually will respond and mention that I had also posted on the same material. In that way I can still contribute to what my friends had to say on the subject.
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
Hi myklj999, I think all mylotters have equal chance for exposure here. So I don't take it in consideration when posting a thread here on this site. I think that everybody has equal chance to be noticed.