Yearly Family Reunion

My family has a reunion the first weekend in October of every year. So, I have one to go to this weekend. I will have to drive 5 hours to get there, but it will be worth it. I love getting to see my parents, brothers, sisters, in laws, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, and anyone else who might show up. My kids always have a blast too, of course they are normally getting spoiled so that probably explains why. So, does anyone else have a yearly family reunion? If so, how far do you normally have to travel to go to it?
We have one but i dont go to it that often. It is eight hours away and I would have to make a special trip to go there. I have gone maybe 3 of the psst eight years or so. I just go for the food because my mom's family is not that close and there is not a whole lot to talk about.
I'm sorry that your mom's family isn't close, but I'm sure the food does make up for the conversation. There is always good food at a reunion, I'm looking forward to some fried chicken myself. Thanks for your comment. Happy MyLotting!