It's breakfast..which comes 1st?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
You wake up in the morning. You get your kids up. After that which comes first? do you make the food or the coffee? Usually it is the coffee for us. Today however coffee was the last thing. After everyone but me had eaten. Have you ever fixed the coffee last? What order is it for you?
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. I'm not even semi-human until I've had a cup or two. The rest is easy once I've gotten past that sleepwalking stage.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I am with you. Being pregnant though, I only have coffee once in a while. I do miss it daily.
When I was on chemotherapy, I couldn't have coffee and I missed it like crazy. I'm so glad there's such a happy reason for you not to have it!
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
We don't drink coffee, and I don't make breakfast. I get microwavable things for the kids to have for breakfast so they can help themselves. I'm too groggy in the morning to think straight, and most times the kids are up before me anyways. First thing I do is sit at my computer to wake up for about 15 minutes, then I get the kid's clothes together for the day. I don't even eat for the first time until after lunch time.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I'd get too hungry if I waited til lunch. That is some will power you have!
It's not will power... I'm just never hungry in the morning. The thought of eating too early makes me nausious.
@whittby (3073)
It's coffee first before anything around here. I get it going and then take my shower. When the kids were little, I made coffee first if I could, but usually it was the bottle for the crying baby that took precedence over anything. And trying not to fall asleep again over the bottle.
@whittby (3073)
Thank you for BR. Today is Sunday and I just love the Sunday morning routine and lots of time for coffee!!
@lilybug (21148)
Most mornings my son grabs whatever he wants for breakfast and I stagger to the fridge to get a cold soda. A cold soda is for me what coffee is for you. It is almost always first thing, but today we woke up late and my son only had 20 minutes to get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, pack a lunch and get out the door. He has been eating at school for the last 5 days, so I forgot to pack his lunch time morning. His lunch box got dropped in his book bag about 20 seconds before he ran down the driveway to hop on the bus.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I guess caffeine is caffeine. Works the same.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
It is always coffee first unless my little sister stays the night and wants breakfast then it is get her started n her food then get my coffee. I need 2 to get my eyes uncrossed in the morning. To bad my husband doesn't and won't bring me coffee in bed. Can't seem to train him of that.
I generally make for the coffee first. That probably means I am not going to bed early enough. I should fix that instead of relying on stimulants to get going in the morning. Oh, well.
My Mom needs a cup of tea before anything else. I just need lots and lots of water. :) And of course, we prepare the food first and then the tea or coffee. Cheers and happy mylotting
@stephcjh (32327)
We hardly ever eat breakfast since we work nights. We usually just get up and the first thing we grab or turn on, is the coffe pot and a cup of coffee. We eat when my husband comes home from work though after drinking coffee all night.
@sunshine4 (8708)
No one in my house drinks coffee....so I guess it is always the food first. There are times when I will get a glass of juice or hot chocolate before I eat. I watch babies, so I have to feed them and get them down for their nap before I even think about eating myself.
@caver1 (1765)
I don't drink coffee, so I guess I always eat breadfast before the coffee. Sometimes in the winter I will have tea, but I usually drink milk. Gotta think about "dem bones".
I don't make coffee in the morning. I do frequently make tea, however, and that usually ends up coming before I actually get food.
@Wizzywig (7859)
I dont usually have coffee until about 10 o'clock because I'll have either water or fruit juice first thing. I'll have water to take my tablets first thing and then sort out my cereal or toast.
@andak2007 (3229)
i usually drink my coffee with my breakfast...but if i get too busy with kids i put off the coffee until lunch time and it never really gets out of my mind that i have not yet drink my coffee for that day..then lunch time come...i lost the craving for coffee simply because its already too late...i like coffee during morning.