Are you a person of your word?

I believe that a person's word is extremely important and it also helps define a person's character. If a person never keeps their word, that makes them look bad and untrustworthy. I know that sometimes something may happen unexpectedly that might interfere with whatever you were supposed to be doing. I try to be a person of my word because keeping my word is a big part of who I am.
@Metalchick (1387)
I completely agree with you there's nothing worse than someone who doesn't keep their word. Especially when they say they will do something or be somewhere and they either don't do it or don't bother turning up. I do believe that as time progresses and era's change the manners of many people is gradually getting worse. As an individual who hates letting people down or making them late I try my hardest to stick to my word. Hate to be the one people are waiting for or relying heavily on.
I try my best to always keep my word when I tell someone that I'm going to do something. I agree with you. When a person never keeps their word, it does make them look really bad and untrustworthy. I remember a person from my first year in college. This girl I'd actually had known since we were three years old. We had lost contact for a long time before meeting again at our college. So I had asked her if she wanted to meet up one day and maybe eat together or something. She said sure and that would be great. We agreed to do that the following Friday I believe. I looked forward to it all week. Friday morning came and she wrote me on Facebook saying she couldn't make it for one reason or another I can't remember. I was okay with because like you said, sometimes something comes up. So we put it off to the following Friday. Week passed and Friday morning came. Once again she wrote me saying she had to cancel. Again, we put it off until the following Friday. That week passed. Take a guess at what happened. She basically broke her word and blew me off three times in a row. About four years later, we never did do anything together. It was sad too because I was really excited about seeing her again. But you can only do so much. I had another person do me like that too. But if I type that all out, this would get way too long.
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi miracle, My Parents raised my sister and I to have word of honor! So, if I say something, i will really do it, I hate to break any promises, that is why I will not commit on something when I am not sure if I have time to do it..And it's very disappointing when we meet people who are exactly opposite![/i]
@oderog (732)
• Kenya
Keeping my word is something that I will never want to loose, it's defines who I am and what I stand for. If I can't keep my word then who will then really trust me, and once that trust is lost you are crafting a small world to live. I feel guilty not to keep my word at all, to me not keeping my word is lying and what I hate most is people lying to me, so I would not want to lie to people, I give them what I expect from them.
@bamakelly (5194)
Friends -  A photo of two children holding hands as friends under Yahoo page.
I do like to believe that I am a person of my word. I like to be dependable and reliable if someone needs me. I can be counted on to be somewhere when I am supposed to be and don't like to let a friend down. It is very important to be a good friend and to act accordingly. It sounds like you are a good person with a good heart. Have a great day!