imagine - a don't call list for telemarketers

@cher913 (25893)
available here in canada starting today, now anyone can be free to contact the government and have your name put on the list that will be sent to a variety of sales companies - here is the lini to the article - http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080930/canada/canada_do_not_call_1
Yeah, the United States has had that for quite some time. I remember putting my number on the list as soon as it was available. And the best thing is that if someone calls you, you can tell them to take your name off their list, and if they don't, they could get in trouble for violation of the do not call list. A big fine for the company.
@PearlGrace (3172)
I love the "do not call" list that was implemented in the US several years ago. I was surprised how well it works. I put our number on it and right away, we stopped getting the calls. The only annoying calls we get now are from local fundraisers that are pretty rude. I tell them all to remove my name and number from their lists. Hope Canada's listing will work for you.
@winterose (39922)
yes that is really great, I don't get many calls so I will not put my name on at this time.
@heaven11 (1161)
Hi Cher913 that is already available to the Us Iam not sure how it works for I have not signed up for it but after todays calls Iam strongly considering it It seems I get 5 a day and 3 are not for me they are asking for my inlaws it drives me nuts Iam barely paying my bills and these people are calling trying toget more money. Now I just wish they would make a DONOT CALL LIST for bill collecters
That's been available in the States for some time now.