Is sleeping too much a sign of stress? or something else.

@ShellyB (5244)
I find myself trying to come up with a least 8 hours of sleep, because I really love to sleep and will sleep close to ten or more if they let me. I wonder why? Why do I need to sleep more some days than others? Is it depression? Stress? or does the body really need it?
@fwidman (11519)
The body really needs it, that's all That and you hang around someone that is incredibly lazy, so maybe he is just rubbing off on you
@ShellyB (5244)
Very truth
@fwidman (11519)
Yes, it is the truth, I am a bad influence on my baby
@ShellyB (5244)
Yes, you are
@Tracy_Z (48)
I also sleep more than 8 hours.But I have to say when I have enough sleeping hours I feel my skin are so smoothy just like silk. There must be some differs between us.I hope my answer can help you release your strees.If it is not harmless that's OK !
@ShellyB (5244)
Thanks for your response, I believe it is harmless and that I am a sleepy head.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
I don't think so. Sounds like the recommended dose to me. People use to try and get more. They even say teens need more than the 8 hours. Some days it could be weather related. Gloomy days make most people tired. Or you could just not have slept well the night before. I think it is days and days of not wanting to get out of bed means depressed.
@ShellyB (5244)
I believe you are right, I am sleeping one night ok and not so great the next and a few fine and then out of the blue I am not ok again. Thanks for the response.
@rocker21 (2717)
Well sleeeping too much is a sign of you are tension free LOL!
@ShellyB (5244)
You are totally right lol
@yenwie84 (1345)
From my point of view,I think you are either too tired or you like to sleep so much which is your habit. I think it's quite normal to sleep at least 8 hours in a day. You don't need to worry so much. I have the same habit like you,I like to sleep too. During weekdays,after I come back from work,I will sleep very early and I will make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep. Lol.
@ShellyB (5244)
Well I do not feel alone anymore. Thanks for the response.
Hi. I think sleeping at least eight hours a day is quite healthy and the recommended length of time one should sleep. I usually don't get enough sleep - four to six hours a night (seven, if I'm lucky) on workdays. I get to sleep in on weekends and holidays, though, during which I try to make up for lost sleep. I have to agree, though, that depression could also be a reason for oversleeping. I experienced that quite a lot during my college days and there were days when I'd spend whole days in bed even if I weren't sick just because I didn't feel like getting up and facing the world. Though, most of the time, it just means that I'm lazy.
@ShellyB (5244)
Thanks for the response and yes, I agree with you. Sometimes I feel lazy and yes, others I do not want to face the world either.
@ElicBxn (60046)
I sleep when I'm stressed. It is one of my coping mechinisims.
@ShellyB (5244)
I also feel it is one of mine, I am overstressed and I tend to get tired and sleepy, thanks for the response.
@peavey (15862)
The 8 hours we hear so much about is just an average. Some people need more sleep than that, including me. I read one time that creative people need more sleep. On the other hand, sleeping more than is normal for you could be a sign of depression or an illness. If you don't think either of these is your problem, then I wouldn't worry about it.
@ShellyB (5244)
Thanks for the response and what you said makes sense to me. I am not going to worry about it.