Have you ever gotten really bad advice from someone?

Every time I get a headache, my spouse suggests that I take one Tylenol. From experience, I know that one Tylenol won't make my headache go away. It takes two Tylenol. Needless to say, I take the advice with a grain of salt. It's not his head that hurts! His intentions are good. And, he's usually has really good advice. But, not about headaches! Do you ever get advice that you could really live without? Do you have friends that think they give the best advice, but they really don't.
If I ask for advice, I will listen to what the person has to say, and if I don't think it's good advice i will explain to them why I don't think it will work for me, not that it would be bad advice for someone else, just that it wouldn't work that well for me, if the advice is unsolicited, then forget it! I won't listen.
Usually it starts with me saying, "I have a headache." Then I get up and head to the medicine chest. That's when he offers his unsolicited advice. I smile indulgently and do what I was going to do anyway. It's easier than arguing with a wall.
You're probably right, but in my family *I* am known as the wall. ROFLMAO
Nice!
@GreenMoo (11842)
Everyone gives advice based on their own perceptions of the preferred outcome. So if their preferred outcome would be different to yours, then their advice could be described as 'bad' advice. We have a chap who is fascinated watching us build our house. However, he drives us nuts by constantly butting in with advice. Of course, it is all based on how he would build a house, not us. He has no idea what our vision is so his advice isn't geared to it. Seriously, he drives us round the bend although I'm sure his intentions are good.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello dear beauty queen. Well, I can understand what you mean. I have to say that we are the people who suffer from like headache or such, and for sure I think we know better what kind of medicine fits us if we have such an experience of taking it for one time. When I have a headache, I always take the capsule for cold and headache and it works perfectly. I only use this one special kind to help me get rid of the headaches. In short, we know ourselves better than the others. lol
Yes I have a sister that gives unsolicited advise. I call her a know it all. She tries to tell me how to do everything. I take it for so long then I cannot stand it any longer.
hi beautyqueen oh my yes, I was out of my favorite brand of anti allergy pills and asked my son for some of his, he said you should only take one. well duh I did that and my allergy kept me awake all night. one will not do it, he meant well but it was not his nose and sinuses that were plugged. next time I buy my own and always take two. free advice is usually worthless when it comes to health.