belly dancing!!!! --- helps lose weight?

@eliezl (766)
lately, ive been active to belly dancing. i started two weeks ago. however, i have some questions to ask. is it true that this really helps people lose weight? i noticed that the instructor is fat, even bigger than me. although i can't deny the fact that she has a shapely body. but her belly kinda droops below. i join two sessions everyday so that would be 2 hours everyday, control my eating intake, and keep myself active. and i haven't seen any changes yet. or perhaps that is because i am paranoid and refuse to acknowledge any changes in my body and all i can see are flaws. Lol. tell me who tried belly dancing!!! is it really effective? its sorta expensive though i have to pay Php 50 everyday per session. :)) but thats the option i have as of this moment. :D i have already tried working out in the gym but they just make me even more fat. LOL.
@postergal (214)
• Egypt
well being from Egypt belly dancing is part of my culture..I grew up hearing that one hour and a half of belly dancing a day makes you lose at least one kilogram per week..I personally think belly dancing like all other activities burns calories.So if you don't consume a lot of calories and stick to belly dancing you would achieve great results
@eliezl (766)
wow thats cool! ill certainly stick to belly dancing and see if there are improvements and changes in my body. thanks for the comment *_*
• Egypt
In the beginning u will have waist pain :d but after u would feel really flexible..like u barely have any bones lol
@eliezl (766)
i did experience that too...after the first 2 session, i can hardly move..LOL...my hips aches a lot but over time im starting to get the hang of it and the feeling of shaking and jiggling my bellies hehehee.... hoping to see good results soo thanks for the comment postergal *_*
@izathewzia (5142)
I like to try it, too. They say, it is another form of exercise. And it will help loose weight, firm our muscles and boost our resistance. I hope i find time to be engage in belly dancing also.
@eliezl (766)
wow goodluck on that! u can even do it urself at home in order to save money. all you have to do is download one of the videos available on the net! and voila!!! goodluck on the weight loss! im still up on it. goodluck on myself as well thanks for the comment *_*
@rosedust82 (1831)
Hi there... I've done belly dancing and it's fun. Well, I'm not sure about the losing weight part but I know belly dancing is great for toning the body. You might not see any obvious change in your body but what you will see is a firmer muscles. About belly dancing, from what I know, you are not considered a "real" belly dancer if you don't have a... well... err. a belly so to speak. Belly dancers are women who are usually fleshy at the bottom part so that when they move, the lower body jiggles with the movements as well.
@eliezl (766)
hi rosedust82 thanks for the reply. that must be it then. i may try it for a few weeks and see some changes or as to whether it did tone my body because i am a bit concerned about spending Php 50 everday, and not seen any changes. hehe. I just want to lose weight which is why i thought of spending my time to something i enjoy which is dancing and it just so happened that belly dancing is the first available i could find. goodluck to me though. oh so its true then because although belly dancers tend to have much flesh on their belly, it does look good when they move at least for them since they are pro :))