cooking on a kerosene heater??

We have a kerosene heater that we have for emergencies, like if electric goes out or have a bad snow storm etc./ But I am wondering if you can cook on one of them!!
@fasttalker (2797)
A few years ago we had a ice storm that caused a power outage for 2 weeks. In desperation I attempted to fix grilled cheese sandwiches by placing aluminum foil on the top and grilling the sandwich. It was terrible! LOL It didn't kill us or anythng but you could taste the kerosene. We were so desperate for hot food that we ate them anyway but they were not good! LOL I would think that the fumes from the kerosene are surely not good for you! S0 I vote no cooking on the kerosene heater! Have a great day!
I never thought of that!! LOL -- At least we will be warm!!
The kerosene heater we have will only work if it is facing out and not up. If it is tipped at all it has a saftey shut off. Im not sure if I could actualy cook on one but I would sure try. Last winter we had a bad snow storm and I couldnt cook dinner. We ended up heating up spaghettios over a candle and that didnt work very well. Since then we bought an emergency stove just for peace of mind. This is the link for the one I bought. I was very affordable. Flat Fold Emergency Stove, $14.95. http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_CK%20S170_A_name_E_[[ProductNameURL]] Good Luck
It isn't the best idea. It would be a better idea to have a propane camping stove on hand for such an eventuality. They are fairly inexpensive, starting at about $70.