Coffee

How many cups of coffee does it take to get you going in the morning? For me it is at least 2 normal cups. Then i have more through out the day....I think I may drink to much, but i need it to get me through the day...how about you?
@whittby (3073)
I have a four cup coffee maker and finish that off before I go to work. It seems that barely gets me going anymore. I got a Starbucks gift card a while back and I've been nursing that along getting a cup on the way to work every now and then. That seems to do the trick for the morning. I get a Coke in the afternoon if I'm really dragging, but am trying to cut back on the sugar and caffeine.
I am doing that as well. I feel a bit bloated lately and thinking it is the amount of coffee I have been drinking. So I am cutting it out as well as the junky foods....I really want to get back in shape. Good luck to you.
I typically drink one to two cups in the morning and if I have any other coffee throughout the day it is decaf. I just dont want to drink more coffee than I can get over. The coffee bothers me and I might not be able to sleep at night if I drink too much. I hate not sleeping. It is a nightmare no pun intended.
you know what I get really itchy all over when I have had too much coffee....it drives me nuts cause I can't sleep because of it. Then I get super cranky the next day.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Mag! I am addicted more to green tea.However I drink two cups of coffee,onece in the morning and the second time in the evening,because two to three cups of coffee can lower the rik of heart attack and prevent colon cancer.thanx.
@bamakelly (5194)
Coffee with some cake. -  A picture of coffee with cake.
I am a little addicted to coffee but don't drink it too much. I usually need at least one to one and a half cups per day to get me motivated. I don't do too well until I pick up that first cup. It is amazing how habit forming it can be! There are some people I have known who could drink it all day and seem to be alright. My anxiety couldn't handle more than say three or more cups of it daily. But I do enjoy the beverage and it is especially good in the morning with a snack.
@andak2007 (3229)
wow you are a heavy coffee drinker..me i just need 1 cup in the morning so that i can last up until 1am..and with so much running around, up and down the house...i get tired by 1am..just one cup that is all i need.
@djoyce71 (2512)
I could have a cup in the morning. That's enough for me. My maximum for the day is just two cups, one in the morning and one in the afternoon when I go home. Have a nice day!
@JOIEMARVIC (2342)
i stopped drinking coffee when i was 10.the reason,my teacher told me that it has nicotine,and nicotine can make your fingernails yellowish.Since then i never drank coffee in fear of having yellowish fingers(hahaha)..I am now working and i am still a non-coffee drinker,what keeps me going when everyone else resorts to coffee when they feel sleepy?hot water,i drink a lot of it,sometimes,i drink soda(which has also nicotine in it).
@stephcjh (32327)
I always get up and get going in the morning. I turn the coffee pot on and work until it is ready. I drink the whole pot, most usually, while I am working. I drink another pot too if I feel the need to.