ptsd

@android (895)
Does anyone have any advice on stress-related issues? I have recently been through post-traumatic stress disorder and though I seem to be over the worst of it and things in my life are beginning to get back to normal, whenever I think about what happened over the last few months it makes me feel kind of ashamed of myself that it happened to me. Does anyone have any similar feelings or advice on how to deal with it?
@lilaclady (28270)
yes count me in, I have never had a real health problem in my life until I had a few years of losing a few special people from my life, family and friends, all of a sudden I had mega high blood pressure, the doctor said she thought it may have been brought on by all the traumatic events in my life...I think it is a case of getting to the route of it all and trying to put yourself on a better path...for me I guess it was a matter of appreciating what I have now rather than focusing on what I had, I literally talkied myself into being grateful for what I had and treasuring the memories of them and just sit back and to stop feeling sorry for myself and enjoy the simple things and to think positive about what I have in my life at the moment...I hope you work things out for yourself, it is a horrible place to be in that hole of stress...but there is light if you look for it...
@android (895)
Thanks for your reply. I totally understand what you mean about focusing on the positives. I have managed to get myself on a better path and the worst of it is definitely over. This is only really a minor issue. I try to look to the future and focus on where I'm going, which all seems positive at the moment, but now and again I just can't help thinking about what recently happened for a few minutes and that's when I begin to feel ashamed of myself until I focus my attention on something else again.
@lilaclady (28270)
Oh should never feel ashamed, feeling are feelings and we don't have control over them, I have seen it written that everything in your life is what has made you today and that is so true, we all fall down at times and we get up and strive ahead...you must not be so hard on yourself and don't try to actually erace any memories they are part of your life, good and bad these are a part of your footprint in life...just be proud of yourself that you have picked yourself up and make sure you only think positve for the future but don't ever be ashamed I am sure there were lessons to be learnt in everything that happened in the past....take care...
@stiener (736)
Hi Android, What has been the cause of your PTSD. Did you seek consultation with a psychologist to address your problem? A traumatic experience can be very difficult to overcome...did you undergo any form of therapy or under medication? You will need to learn what has happened in the past, face it and move on with live. Facing the experience is the toughest part in PTSD but some patients just snap out of it so it is really on your own will to leave the past behind.
hi android My only advice would be to see a mental health specialist in post traumatic syndrome and go with his or her help. I have not had anything like that. Unless you wouild call my son being out of work for several months, and us being evicted from our apartment and a fighjt to get help oh yes i have been and still am stressed but once we are moved to our new city I will feel a lot better about everything.